Thermos bottles for winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi all
Can you get thermos bike bottles to bring hot drinks when cycling about in winter? I usually fill my bidon with hot water at start of ride and just drink it as normal when cycling in the depths of winter. Just wondering if a "thermos-bidon" exists, and can you recommend a reasonably priced one? I quite fancy taking some tea with me
smile.gif

Not in a traditional proper thermos with a tartan pattern on the side and screw-on mug on top. That would be silly.

ASC1951

Guru
You can get this sort of thing everywhere from outdoor shops to Lidl. http://www.outdoorscotland.co.uk/shop/fla30_50_70_100_tufflask.htm but given that the vacuum walls are at least 1.5cm thick, anything that fits in a bottle cage isn't going to hold very much.

I pay someone else to carry my hot drinks i.e. a cafe.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I recently bought one - but can't recall what it was called. Try Googling cycling flask. There were a couple when I looked. Mine works reasonably well - and I enjoy my cocoa for the first half hour of my morning rides :smile:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cool (or should I say 'warm'?
smile.gif
) Thanks folks... will report back when I sort out my hot drinks... the cafe is of course the best idea
smile.gif
but there's occasions when a hot drink is needed some way way from the nearest place... bike buddy is good too! Will check out t'others also.
Thanks again

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 75

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

snorri

Legendary Member
Might I suggest you take a bottle cage with you when you intend to purchase a flask? I have an Aladdin Adventurer flask (0.35L capacity) which fits securely in one cage, but not in the other. I notice new Aladdin Adventurers claim to be 0.34L capacity, but no information regarding any change in outside diameter.

Top Bottom