these dam pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Beat me to it, those are pretty much the words I was going to write, keep smiling.
:smile:

Licramite

Über Member
yes I had a clipless moment on my last ride (out of practice) stopped behind a parked van to let on-coming traffic past, put my foot on my right peddle and it clipped in, so found myself slowly toppling into the road as a tractor was coming, managed to curl/crumple the other way so avoided falling under tractor wheels.

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

yes I had a clipless moment on my last ride (out of practice) stopped behind a parked van to let on-coming traffic past, put my foot on my right peddle and it clipped in, so found myself slowly toppling into the road as a tractor was coming, managed to curl/crumple the other way so avoided falling under tractor wheels.
yes thats what i mean,i think the are good,but dodgy in the unexpected situation

screenman

Legendary Member
i would rather get home safe and enjoy my bike,rather than have some pedals,im not sure about,you do see my point,dont you

Yes I see your point, by it is not the pedals fault. I encourage everybody to ride what they are comfortable with.

My worry is that somebody who could benefit from being clipped in will be put off by posts like these, just trying to bring some balance.

I am sure when we all first rode bike we could not get on with brakes.

screenman

Legendary Member
that cool,but dont slag people off for thier spelling,you might put people off posting,it not school,

I have never to my knowledge mentioned somebody's spelling.

Licramite

Über Member
Yes I see your point, by it is not the pedals fault. I encourage everybody to ride what they are comfortable with.

My worry is that somebody who could benefit from being clipped in will be put off by posts like these, just trying to bring some balance.

I am sure when we all first rode bike we could not get on with brakes.

You had brakes on your first bike - luxury!
I picked routes with hedges at the end. - to crash into.

you can't blame the clips - after all they are just hunks of metal with no evil will of their own (although sometimes I do wonder)

I've had lots of clipless moments since I put them on, they do call for a degree of riding ability (which I don't always have) and certainly clipless awareness. - and I think people should be very aware of this before committing to it.
They do give you more pull/push - I find they help on hills, but if I was cycling in traffic were you have to react quickly I wouldn,t use them.

screenman

Legendary Member
My first bike snapped in half when i bumped down the curb the first time on it, but that is another story.

Top Bottom