These panniers any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kettle

I got basic Lidl ones last year and they have been fine.
These look a bit better.
Mudguards a must.
Go for it.

longers

Legendary Member
They look like a very good deal. If they're waterproof then a mudguard is going to protect them how?

Fit the mudguards anyway.

dudi

andyfromotley said:
Well stop em getting all mucky?

Nah, the bottoms still get mucky.
at least mine do...

Oh, and those panniers look half decent.. I read some good reviews on them when I was looking at panniers in october - but I went for the Altura Dryline, and have to say they are very good... at least they appear to be, but i'm no expert!

I believe they're made by Vaude in Germany for EBC, in which case they'll be excellent quality. Rixen & Kaul fixings are the best. A very good buy - Ortliebs are twice that price.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've just bought a pair of these myself :biggrin:. I got them after seeing Telemark's ones last year and have waited until the sale :thumbsup:. They have a good roll-top waterproof seal, nice firm clips (spares available from EBC :smile: ) and, as has been said, are made by Vaude for EBC.

Which reminds me, I must have a closer look at them .... :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
scoosh said:
Which reminds me, I must have a closer look at them .... :smile:

Scoosh - when you do have a look, could you take quick measurements of the dimensions please?

Thanks for that. My first set of panniers! I'd order quick, as it says the stock is low. :-./

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
longers said:
Scoosh - when you do have a look, could you take quick measurements of the dimensions please?
Whew, just as well I came back to review this thread :smile:

All dimensions are approximate - but near enough :smile:

H - 36 cm
W - 40 cm (at top)
D - 18 cm at max strap length

HTH
:smile:

longers

Legendary Member
scoosh said:

It does, thankyou very much. I think I'm going to dither about buying them and let them run out of stock. They do seem excellent value at that price.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
No, you are in error, Sir.

It only helps if you either
- go and get on with the purchase ;)
- decide you don't need them as size etc is wrong :blush:

The Edinburgh shop semed to have quite a few in stock when I went to collect them on Toosday. For how much longer does the sale go on ?

I reckon they are well worth £48.

HTH :blush:

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

ok i bought em....hooray. They seem well made and a steal at the price. The bloke in the shop said they are made by a company that has the highest standards, Vaude. and with a bit of care will last ages.

I also got a rack, but what i thought would be a simple job seems to be much more difficult. Am i suposed to bend the silver 'fastening rods' that connect the rack to the seat stays, as these two points are at different hieghts?

Top Bottom