These panniers any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
Please ensure that the rack is perfectly level when fitted. Just for my sake.

When I fitted the rack to my Galaxy, it took about 6 goes to get it level. And looking at it now, it still isn't! How can it be so hard! Mine has rods that pull out and swivel to get it level, and then you tighten the nuts. I'd get it perfect, tighten the screw, hey presto, tilting!
:tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
Please ensure that the rack is perfectly level when fitted. Just for my sake.

When I fitted the rack to my Galaxy, it took about 6 goes to get it level. And looking at it now, it still isn't! How can it be so hard! Mine has rods that pull out and swivel to get it level, and then you tighten the nuts. I'd get it perfect, tighten the screw, hey presto, tilting!
:tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Come on, Longers, leave the racks alone - you're meant to be buying panniers, remember ? :biggrin:

Go and get them ordered :laugh: !

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Come on, Longers, leave the racks alone - you're meant to be buying panniers, remember ? :becool:

Go and get them ordered :sad: !

:biggrin: :becool: :angry:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I don't know what they are like with panniers but Vaude definitely have a good reputation for quality when making hiking rucksacks, so I'd imagine they'd be good

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I don't know what they are like with panniers but Vaude definitely have a good reputation for quality when making hiking rucksacks, so I'd imagine they'd be good

I bought a pair, just waiting for them. Haven't even got a rack yet, I have a Kona Fire Mountain.

Can anyone recommend a light relatively cheap rack to go with this?

Thanks.

I bought a pair, just waiting for them. Haven't even got a rack yet, I have a Kona Fire Mountain.

Can anyone recommend a light relatively cheap rack to go with this?

Thanks.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
andyfromotley said:

Edinburgh cycle co-op. £50 reduced from £69.

Heres the finer detail
http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw..._SupersetQRY=Kpanniers&f_SortOrderID=-1&f_bct=

They seem pretty good, i know they dont have loads of puches but that doesnt worry me too much. Was going to get em tomorrow along with a basic rack. Should i also be fitting a mudguard 'underneath' the rack to protect the panniers?

Thanks andy

Mrs HJ has a pair of those and is very happy with them...

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
We've got two pairs of Vaude panniers, at £95 for each pair, and I think they're brilliant value for money and so well made (German engineering at its best). If the EBC ones are made by Vaude you should be very confident in 'em!

Top Bottom