They need to BAN speed humps....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Close the primary schools. Use the money saved to remove the speed bumps. The redundant teachers can get jobs as private tutors. The kids whose parents can't afford the private tutors can go down the mines* on zero hours contracts. Zobvious.

*other forms of gainful employment for the uneducated rabble are available. Or maybe they aren't.

D

Deleted member 1258

I don't mind them too much when I'm on the bike, but they're a nuisance in the car, my little KA is like a shopping trolley with an engine and bounces and clanks over them.

Hampshire County Council have £300million in reserve(?) and they still can't fill the potholes or put down a decent road surface. They love top dressing and seem to do it like it is going out of fashion. Luckly there has been no attempt to do any this summer round the Waterside area. Another annoying thing about Hampshire's resurfacing is that the contractors don't seem to fill any of the potholes first. It seems to be spread hot tar then granite chippings and drive off quick before anybody notices.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Use big steamrollers to level out the speedbumps and fill in the potholes like a rolling pin. This will also make the road slightly wider allowing for better cycle lanes. then get Scousers to lie down in the road and act as speed bumps. Scousers are best for this as they all wear highly visible shellsuits and shout "Calm Down" when touched.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Problem with the roads is local governments go for the cheap option which we all know is the worst option. Rather than spending a little more for the repair to last much much longer they go cheap and its back to normal within a few months.
We need to get rid of the cowboy builders so to speak. Also the idiots who seem to think these crappy but cheap repairs are any good.
For example North Tyneside council decided to relay 1mile stretch of road. But let the cars flatten it into place. farking retarded idea, least I think that's what they did. It was not done, still is not done weeks on. Stones shooting out all over the place and the road is just god awful.
They painted the lines in for the chevrons but didn't put the chevrons in. It looks like a lane either side can use. I'm shocked that no ones had a head on yet thinking its a lane. I thought it was a lane when we were driving up the road.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
But, if the road did not fall apart every few months, how would contractors get any work ? Or you could get the huge semi trailer trucks off the roads and put these loads back on the rails where they should be for the good of man and nation, and quit having these roads pounded to pieces by people who are never around when the tax bill comes due. In the States, many truckers have the sign "This vehicle pays X amount of dollars in road use taxes"-not nearly as much damage as is caused to the roads by too heavy loads and dangerous tires with recaps falling off and hitting other vehicles, as well as loads. I see more and more of this every year, and it irks me enough to write about it on a cycling forum.

Top Bottom