They weren't half ANGRY this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cab

Cab

I can go for months with barely an incident on the road (the occasional accusing look from motorists, or ill considered and aborted overtaking manoevre doesn't count). Then Autumn arrives and lots of them lose all semblance of sanity. I don't get yelled at all of the time, you understand, which is why when it does happen I've posted about it here.

ChrisW

"I don't get yelled at all the time"

If you want to be yelled at a bit more often, tell us where you are in the summer and we'll come to Cambridge and yell things at you from the side of the road :biggrin:.

Just trying to oblige...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
ChrisW said:
If you want to be yelled at a bit more often, tell us where you are in the summer and we'll come to Cambridge and yell things at you from the side of the road :biggrin:.

We could be sort of anti-cagers though, and shout things like "Hold Primary!" "Don't go in that cycle lane, it's rubbish!" &c, you know, for the variety.

I do find it odd on my commute how some days it seems all the motorists are grumpy and impatient, and some days are really quite mellow. I used to think it was the weather, but that doesn't seem to be it.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

ChrisW said:
"I don't get yelled at all the time"

Just trying to oblige...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

This morning the only person who yelled was me. Shouted at an idiot in a giant Citroen to get out of the bloody cycle lane he was driving in. Am I a bad person?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Got beeped for the first time in ages today! Some impatient woman in a micro car didn't like me taking the lane through a narrow road with parked cars both sides.

Thats because you are "just a cyclist" Mikey, and not real traffic at all. In fact you were delaying her by using HER road that she personally paid for with her Road Tax.

I think you were very rude for not pulling out of her way.

:blush::evil::angry:

domtyler

Über Member
I often get beeped going over the Bow flyover now that they have an 'experimental traffic flow' going over it that basically cuts it down to one lane half way up. You get cars speeding over there very fast (even though it's meant to be a 30mph limit) until they hit this bit and then have to slow for me in primary doing 20 mph max. I always slow right down if they do beep though, twunts! :blush:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I did the Old Kent Road flyover for the first time the other day. Couldn't be arsed to slow down and take ages to get through the gyratory. I was thinking about you guys on the Bow flyover comments.

Have you seen the Bow Flyover going towards Bow Mikey?

They have had the so called fast lane shut for weeks so you can risk your life even more going up there if you want by just using the one remaining lane with the traffic.Doesn't tend to go up there at 70mph as much though.:blush:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
BentMikey said:
And I gave her a long retaliatory parp on the AirZound. Not very good of me mind.

Hi BM
How airtight are the Airzounds?
Do you have to top them up daily or do they hold their charge for weeks?
Don't fancy getting one and the first time I use ithearing a pathetic "parp!"

Top Bottom