Thick as a plank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie have been laughing about this incident all day.

We were in a small shop this morning. On the door was a big sign saying strictly 3 customers only in the shop at any one time.

So there was Jannie and I and another lady. The lady left and a couple walked in. The shop owner got a little worked up and forcibly told them "Only 3 customers at a time." "Oh its OK said the man." We are together"

Some people are unbelievably thick.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
That was what I meant when I posted a couple of days ago that Joe Public has no idea what cyclists get up to or how far they range from home. Most people are just too dim.

I've just been out for a nice cool evening walk about 3 miles down the road and back round through the fields. For the first half mile the peace of the evening was wrecked by some idiot walking along behind me conducting a shouted conversation with a woman on his phone, held out in front of him with the speaker on full volume.

"Yadda yadda yadda challi challi hurdy gurk"

"Wibble wibble wibble twitter twitter yak"

"Yadda yadda yadda challi gurky burk"

"Witter witter twaddle witter yeah?"

Infuriating stupidity and bad manners.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Waiting outside the village Post Office on the narrow pavement the other day.
Woman walking towards me wearing surgical gloves, face mask, goggles and wearing trousers and a hoodie pulled up over her head.
She obviously takes her personal safety seriously, I thought.
As she neared me, she veered around me - 6 feet out into the road - to get past.
Unfortunately, she didn't look and walked out straight into the path of a cyclist coming from behind, who was forced to swerve and missed her by about 6 inches...... :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For the first half mile the peace of the evening was wrecked by some idiot walking along behind me conducting a shouted conversation with a woman on his phone, held out in front of him with the speaker on full volume.

"Yadda yadda yadda challi challi hurdy gurk"

"Wibble wibble wibble twitter twitter yak"

I was with somebody when their phone rang. They clicked the answer icon and held the phone up to their ear.

Phone: "Yadda yadda yadda challi challi hurdy gurk"

ColinJ: "You've got the phone on speaker"

Phone owner: "Eh?"

Phone: "Wibble wibble wibble twitter twitter yak"

ColinJ: "You've got the phone on speaker"

Phone owner: "WHAT?"

Phone: "Yadda yadda yadda challi gurky burk"

ColinJ: [FFS!] "YOU HAVE GOT YOUR PHONE SET TO SPEAKER!"

Phone owner: "I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, COLIN!"

Phone: "Witter witter twaddle witter yeah?"

I took hold of the phone, switched it off speaker, and handed it back.

Phone: ........

Phone owner: "Oh, that's better - it was far too loud before!"

ColinJ: :wacko::banghead:

Slioch

Guru
Couple who live at the back of us, both well into their sixties, had their son + son's wife + grandkids visiting today, all shouting and screaming together in the back garden for a couple of hours.

When I go to the local supermarket, there's a minority who can't comprehend the significance of the 2m markings on the floor. I was hovering about the fresh meat section, not for an unreasonable amount of time, but some old biddy behind me decided she couldn't wait so moved in, leaned right across me to get what she wanted.

There's some really, really thick people out there.

'Thick as a plank' describes well the dumb biatch behind me today beeping and shooing me to the side over the 30mph dual carriageway town bridge. The reason I stayed in the middle of the lane at 22mph was the narrow footway beside was busy with pedestrians trying to keep a social distance and likewise I was giving them a social distance in the middle of a Global Pandemic. FFS, every other driver for the last 3 weeks has grasped that :sad:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Couple who live at the back of us, both well into their sixties, had their son + son's wife + grandkids visiting today, all shouting and screaming together in the back garden for a couple of hours.
My neighbour with 2 young kids has had various members of their extended family over at least 10 times since lockdown.
Including both sets of grand parents, great grand mother and their sister.
I just don’t understand what they are thinking, and why so many members of the same family are all happy to go along with it.

When I go to the local supermarket, there's a minority who can't comprehend the significance of the 2m markings on the floor. I was hovering about the fresh meat section, not for an unreasonable amount of time, but some old biddy behind me decided she couldn't wait so moved in, leaned right across me to get what she wanted.

There's some really, really thick people out there.

Our supermarket has clear 2m distance markers from the outside, through the store and checkout etc, but only front to back. You're often corralled to within less than a metre to the side. It's obviously not a crab virus.

Kryton521

Über Member
Supermarkets have kindly made it a one way system so you go up one aisle down the next........ The number of times people just don't bother! Got to the point that I yell at them, "Audi or BMW? self-gratification artist!"

lane

Veteran
My neighbour with 2 young kids has had various members of their extended family over at least 10 times since lockdown.
Including both sets of grand parents, great grand mother and their sister.
I just don’t understand what they are thinking, and why so many members of the same family are all happy to go along with it.

Think we may have stumbled on the reason up thread or indeed the thread title

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Supermarkets have kindly made it a one way system so you go up one aisle down the next........ The number of times people just don't bother! Got to the point that I yell at them, "Audi or BMW? self-gratification artist!"
The local Morrisons have put barriers up at the end of some aisles to intoroduce a queueing syetem for the tills so, for instance, if you want tea/coffee or baked beans you have to go all the way down the respective aisle and then back up again. Guess how wide the aisles are...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
According to someone I know,my local B&M's garden bit has sold out of every type of compost, peat etc..
Essential purchases, obv.. 😜

Top Bottom