Thickest bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Hi all, I'm looking for the thickest most padded bar tape, has to be in red though! I currently run BBB gel and it's alright but not amazing. Please only reply if you are sure it is thicker than others as I have a feeling I'll get a "the bar tape I have is the best" reply numerous times

vickster

Legendary Member

U

User6179

I use Pro bar tape with silicon backing (non Sticky) and just put it over the old and it lasts 4-5000 miles and is easiest to fit as you can take it back off if you make a mess of fitting it.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I don't really want to have two layers just the one (personal preference) they are just going on the drops not the tops of the bars as it's going on a zipp vuka sprint bar I was looking at the lizard skins but didn't know how thick it would be, is the 3.2 quite padded as it dosent sounds like a lot?

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't really want to have two layers just the one (personal preference) they are just going on the drops not the tops of the bars as it's going on a zipp vuka sprint bar I was looking at the lizard skins but didn't know how thick it would be, is the 3.2 quite padded as it dosent sounds like a lot?
I think most tape is around 1.5-2mm

buggi

Bird Saviour
Hi all, I'm looking for the thickest most padded bar tape, has to be in red though! I currently run BBB gel and it's alright but not amazing. Please only reply if you are sure it is thicker than others as I have a feeling I'll get a "the bar tape I have is the best" reply numerous times
why not use an old inner tube under your bar tape. Wrap it on just like you would bar tape and then put proper bar tape on top. Nice and padded.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
+1 for the spesh phat wrap. It feels like you're cycling along gripping two stress balls.
But as others have said, it only comes in black. As far as I know.

Top Bottom