Thickest bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just having a look on ebay and spotted this that may be of use to you . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zipp-Hand...16197062?pt=US_Handlebars&hash=item232f3a2cc6

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
great cheers! ill look into those drop pads, ive got some for the tops that came with the bike but couldnt find any for the drops, cheers!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Damn I could have told you about this amazing bar tape I have, which comes in red, but I'm not 100% sure that it's thicker than all others. Shame.
no problem, i just dont want it to turn into "mine is bestest" i would like an input from people who have tried lots and what they recommend as the thickest but if you genuinely think it is amazing and werent being sarcastic then please share as im sure it will help others too.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yeah it does!

I was initially disappointed when I first got the S-wrap, it didn't look that thick to me and only 1mm thicker than the tape I removed. That 1mm makes a lot of difference though!

Mike!

Guru
I just got some Bontranger stuff from my local Giant dealer which comes with some Gel pads to put underneath, certainly pads it out nicely although I haven't ridden with it yet ^_^

john wood

I've found Bontrager Bargel with Fizik gel pads under it to be the best so far.
I ride Rough Stuff on drops quite a bit and in warmer weather don't like to wear mitts or gloves,I also suffer from Osteo Arthritis in my hands so need the padding to be pretty good.
I used to use the BBB stuff but it's nowhere near as good good as the Bonti/Fizik combo.The only thing is the blue is a bit 'BLUE' if you know what I mean
I found a pic of mine:-
qUt50BGvXKmrsuRN9mxPc9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qUt50BGvXKmrsuRN9mxPc9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

You were warned :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom