Thie is getting annoying!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
As above, I have noticed that since I started using the iPad, I have been making more and more spelling mistakes.

Now, I can spell, but half th time I appear to be accidentally pressing the key next to the one I want,, or just making some really strange mistake, meaning that I don't always notice until the message is up.
Even if I proofread, something always crops up to I always have to edit the ruddy thing!!

I have vaguely wondered if something is slowliy going wrong here as I seem to be making stupid mistakes I cannot even explain!!

Anyway, to all of you who go on about my spelling, YES, I KNOW, and it really gets in my t*ts!!

The current one that gets me th most is writing 'The' without actualky pressing th 'e', so I say th all the time.
Before then, it was the dreaded 'teh'.

OH, OH, and spelling actually with a 'k', as above.

Your irritaded

Mr M.D. Biker

Drago

Legendary Member
I struggle a little with typing on the diddy virtual keyboards on tablets because I've not feeling in all the fingers of my right hand. Tablets are convenient, but a bit crap really.

andyfraser

Über Member
I found when I slowed down and got used to the software and let it do it's thing I got better and then faster. If I'm using an iPad I also prefer to type in landscape. The keyboard is a little bigger and I can type with two hands, more like a real keyboard.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I found when I slowed down and got used to the software and let it do it's thing I got better and then faster.

Yes I need to slow down methinks. Except that it then exposes the stupid mistakes I cannot even explain, therefore depressing me even more.

If I'm using an iPad I also prefer to type in landscape. The keyboard is a little bigger and I can type with two hands, more like a real keyboard.

Problem is, I do!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If I slow down I make sitakes, if I soeed up, I make mistakes..... I M bot dydlexic as far as I know, and I can esplain the mistakes where it is the iey beside, but soem of my others?? Oh deary me!! What is happening here??

andyfraser

Über Member
Yes I need to slow down methinks. Except that it then exposes the stupid mistakes I cannot even explain, therefore depressing me even more.
Slowing down is only part of it. When I first got an iPad I spent ages fighting against the software. When I slowed down and learnt what the software would do I was able to get more accurate due to slowing down but also improved because I knew what the software would do and took advantage of that. You sort of have to trust that the iPad will do the right thing in a lot of cases and just go with it.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Slowing down is only part of it. When I first got an iPad I spent ages fighting against the software. When I slowed down and learnt what the software would do I was able to get more accurate due to slowing down but also improved because I knew what the software would do and took advantage of that. You sort of have to trust that the iPad will do the right thing in a lot of cases and just go with it.

I have predictive and all the other things switched off (except for spell checker) as it annoyed me too much. It just seems to be me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Might sound a daft solution. Have you tried ignoring getting things correct.
To much time spent worrying on getting it correct, can force further errors.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I keep hitting the capitals arrow instead of the A key, that annoys me.

We should leave these things to da kidz innit?
That one gets me all the time and since it wants to auto correct lots of words can't it check whether a possible spelling of the word would make sense (just changed that to spense which when I actually type that it tries to change to spencer) if you made the letter lower case and stuck an "a" in front!

Top Bottom