Thieves stealing dogs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It seems to be a bit problem around here and one has to be so careful when letting the dog out in the garden. When Molly goes in the garden, I am always with her, just in case but it is a worry that some low life bastard steals dogs. They obviously don't care about the pain it causes to the owners of our beautiful pets.
Mine is always on a lead when I take her out and sleeps in our bedroom too.

Drago

Legendary Member
My oldest daughter has 6 rottweilers (shes shacked up with a breeder). I wonder if security is an issue for her?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Quite a few stolen bitches end up on unregulated puppy farms where they are forced to produce litters maybe three times a year, year in, year out until their health collapses. It's absolutely barbaric.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've seen quite a few laminated posters of this missing dog around here. On other posters it says stuff like 'Farmers,please don't shoot if seen running in your fields,as she's friendly'. The owner fears that the dog might be shot as lambing season approaches. I'm thinking that Bobbi has been stolen,or found and kept,rather than just gone astray. Stealing a person's dog is understandably like abducting a child to some dog owners.

1613349968132.png

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Been a dog owner for years and I'm amazed at how many 'new' dog owners there are since the pandemic and lockdown etc. I fear that many will end up in rescue centres when people go back to work. It's this desire for dogs that has driven the rise in thefts, often of the more fashionable mongrels like spaniel mixes and diddy bulldogs. Given you can flog a 6 month old pup for £2.5k I'm not surprised some drug dealers have switched to dogs recently. A couple of new owners at the park have imported puppies simply because they couldn't get one in the UK 'now', and that brings it's own issues.

delb0y

Legendary Member
And what sentence do dog knappers get ?

We shall (maybe) find out soon. A chap was arrested just a mile or so from me on Friday with 15 stolen dogs at his property. Police are now trying to trace the owners of these dogs:
  • Foxhound – female, ginger and white
  • Beagle/Foxhound – female, ginger and white
  • Foxhound type – male, tan, white and black
  • Foxhound/Beagle – female, ginger and white
  • French Bulldog – female, white and black
  • French Bulldog - female, brindle and white
  • French Bulldog - male, fawn
  • Shitzu - female, grey and white
  • Jack Russell - female and white
  • Cocker Spaniel – female and golden
  • Poodle cross/Lurcher – female and cream coloured
  • Cocker Spaniel – female and golden
Every one a terrible story for the dogs and the owners.

Drago

Legendary Member
They get stolen a lot a round here , very popular dealer dogs .
Theyre also very well trained, disciplined dogs. Theyre not going to willingly go off with anyone, and theyre too big, heavy and powerful to try and forcibly be taken.

My lab, on the other hand, is a different matter and I do keep him in sight at all times. In his case its not gim who presents a hazard to a potential thief - its the owner.

@Drago It is a shame rottis get a bad press because of their loyalty and sometimes coming across as aggressive but underneath the facade they are really lovely dogs with a soft heart and they love a good belly rub but man do they have greasy hair and stink! Used to have to take ours to the groomers every 6 weeks.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
It’s becoming a real problem near us. Ne’er-do-wells are casing houses and marking them with either a ribbon or chalk mark or similar to come back later to steal the dogs. Villagers in our and neighbouring villages have taken to keeping an eye out for these signs and removing them/rubbing them off if they can, or at least informing the owners (some of these marks need solvent-based removal).

People, primarily women walking their dogs alone, have been approached too, I’ve heard, but have no more information yet. This could be just rumour, however. Even if it is rumour, it will be scary for anyone who has heard the same.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My colleague was beside herself when her pedigree terrier type doggie escaped. He was supposed to be on house arrest following an operation. Dog forgot that and pegged it. Fortunately someone had popped the dog in their car and was driving round looking for a fraught owner. This was just last week.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was in town today and fancied a pie. I had my mutt with me put him under my arm and walked into a baker's/pie and cake shop. The woman behind the counter said she didn't mind dogs but the owner did,so i said ok and walked out without a pie. A young woman,one of those that butter you up then ask for a 'spare fiver' came along,making a fuss over him and asking if i wanted her to look after him while i went back into the shop. Usually i would've said yes,ok thanks,but not these days. My thoughts were 'i bet she's working out how much she can get for him'.🤔

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was in town today and fancied a pie. I had my mutt with me put him under my arm and walked into a baker's/pie and cake shop. The woman behind the counter said she didn't mind dogs but the owner did,so i said ok and walked out without a pie. A young woman,one of those that butter you up then ask for a 'spare fiver' came along,making a fuss over him and asking if i wanted her to look after him while i went back into the shop. Usually i would've said yes,ok thanks,but not these days. My thoughts were 'i bet she's working out how much she can get for him'.🤔
My 1st immediate thought was......why didn't you just say "tell you what, while I stay here will you nip in and get me a pie" ^_^

Top Bottom