Thieving scrotes took my tool kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

We can buy hope thqt Johnny Lightfingers uses the tools to make a bodge repair on his own bicycles brakes, that they fail, and his scrotum is severed in the ensuing crash, and that a passing stray dog runs off with them before they can be reattached, and that the sympathetic local paper run a story on the incident with his name and picture for maximum embarassment, and the wound turns septic and has to have his schlong removed, but the surgery causes a nerve to be severed which leaves his sphincter permanently slack.
Some hope! It's fate that these lowlife don't get the comeuppance ,untill far too late.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest this person's armpits!

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
On the reselling point, there was a well used Park Tools multitool which I guess someone might conceivably want to buy for about a fiver. The CO2 valve / gun are nearly £20 new, but again, it was used, I'm not sure anyone would want to pay for a used one. The rest of it, I can't even see anyone getting a buyer for. Two 35mm inner tubes? Some nylon tyre levers? Puncture repair kits? Random Allen keys? CO2 cylinders? Park glueless patches?
Not very saleable I'd have thought.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, it's all been replaced and I'm having a beer, so all is well.

roley poley

Über Member
[QUOTE="CanucksTraveller, post: 6568431
Anyway, onwards and upwards, it's all been replaced and I'm having a beer, so all is well.
[/QUOTE]
please make sure you sup all your pint before going to the loo in the pub:cheers:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I made the mistake of leaving a few coins in my car for parking machines. It was in the centre console.
The gits smashed a window to steal it. So over £100 to repair the window for a handful of small change.
There is no reasoning with people.
They reasoned that they would keep the coins and that you would be paying for the window, not them. There is a logic to it, unfortunately.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Leave a bag of dog poo for the thief next time ...
Better to leave one of these in a saddlebag to snap at any pilfering fingers! 🧐

1635036419222.png

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this cannucks.

Not excusing the scrotes, but

I never leave anything on a parked bike.

I don't use saddlebags (panniers for me) - but have always had a back of the mind concern about saddlebags not just used for dayrides where you will always be with the bike.

It is fine saying that you need to take everything off everytime
but if I took that attitude then I would be taking 6 lights plus a bag off every time - then putting them back on
Hence I would not bother using the bike for shopping - just too much hassle!

I just accept that some scrote may knick a light or take something out of the bag on the rear rack
One reasons why I only get cheap lights - then have more than I need so when one fails - or goes missing - then I can get another for a few quid (main lights were £299 each)
My tool kit is in a really scrunched up clear plastic bag and the most expensive part of it is the multitool - all of £6 - not the best - or lightest - multitool out there but it seldom gets used

It is fine saying that you need to take everything off everytime
but if I took that attitude then I would be taking 6 lights plus a bag off every time - then putting them back on
Hence I would not bother using the bike for shopping - just too much hassle!

I just accept that some scrote may knick a light or take something out of the bag on the rear rack
One reasons why I only get cheap lights - then have more than I need so when one fails - or goes missing - then I can get another for a few quid (main lights were £299 each)
My tool kit is in a really scrunched up clear plastic bag and the most expensive part of it is the multitool - all of £6 - not the best - or lightest - multitool out there but it seldom gets used
No trouble to unclip a cateye?
I am always well lit on a big trip (not unknown for me to have three back lights and usually two front) but six lights for a shopping trip?
I quite often see lights left on bikes in london - not unknown to see them switched on/flashing. Strikes me as very odd - I always look the bike over before leaving it.
I do all my shopping by bike - have done for years.

Top Bottom