Thieving scrotes took my tool kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Blimey. That seems a bit steep. Or am I woefully out of date :scratch:?
It is steep, yes, I think if I'd taken my time to piece together another kit from something like Amazon it would have been half that, but I wanted it done and dusted quickly and I used an LBS who, sadly, only stock named brands and charge a lot, being in London commuter territory. I paid the idiot tax basically. Multitool was nearly 30, CO2 gun was nearly 20, then all the other little bits added up.

grldtnr

It is steep, yes, I think if I'd taken my time to piece together another kit from something like Amazon it would have been half that, but I wanted it done and dusted quickly and I used an LBS who, sadly, only stock named brands and charge a lot, being in London commuter territory. I paid the idiot tax basically. Multitool was nearly 30, CO2 gun was nearly 20, then all the other little bits added up.
Been stiched up, and no mistake !!!! £30 Sov's for a multi tool? Just bought one from Aldi £3 squids, admitatly no chain tool on it , but it's for the fixie , so not required.
Any chance claiming on insurance,?

Mike_P

Guru
Been stiched up, and no mistake !!!! £30 Sov's for a multi tool? Just bought one from Aldi £3 squids, admitatly no chain tool on it , but it's for the fixie , so not required.
Google throws up a Park Tool multitool at £39.49!! The chain tool is the one thing I would not trust on a cheap multi tool and have a separate mini chain tool.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Any chance claiming on insurance,?
No, I'll not be bothering, I think the excess is just over that.
I think my Park Tool one was twenty odd, this one is a Giant model and was about the same cost. Yes, I could have found a multi tool on Amazon for a few quid (and I have owned a couple) but I'd rather have a good one that doesn't bend when I use it. As I said, I accept that I paid an idiot tax as I wanted to replace immediately. Maybe I should have risked it and put together a cheaper set in slow time. Ah well, it's done now.

Top Bottom