Thieving scum.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not a good start to the day, when I got up for work this morning and found someone had been at the motorbike I only bought last month.
Unfortunately I have no garage, so it sits on concrete slabs in my back garden. I thought it would be safe enough there as it cannot be seen by passers by, and getting it round the corner at my gable end takes some practice.

I was working on it yesterday, and left off the fairing side panels so I could continue with some other jobs needing done sometime. I put its cover over it, and then used a heavy duty Abus U lock on the front wheel. The lock also goes through holes in the cover.

This morning - no cover. Someone has had to cut round the holes for the U lock to free it. I am now a bit concerned that they wanted the bike, but when they realised the fairing panels (expensive to replace!) were missing, they settled for the cover. Security will need to be increased.

Had to go to work, and it's been peeing down all day .... onto my bike which now has electrical components open to the weather. I covered them up as well as I could with bin liners but the wind has probably seen them off by now. That phrase about "the more I get to know about people, the more I like my dog" feels very true today. You're not allowed to have ANY nice possessions unless you guard them with your life (car was vandalised twice earlier this year). And I live in a supposedly quiet, idealic seaside town.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear that. It isn't nice when you work hard only to have some numpty trying to take your things away. At least they didnt get the bike itself. Good luck. :hugs: i hope everything works out ok.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mate,its a nightmare..the fookers cut through my wheel to nick my gsxr.11
Its so hard to stop them when its outside..

can you dig a hole and fit a Good ground anchor? So you can lock to the stand or rear swinger?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Mate,its a nightmare..the fookers cut through my wheel to nick my gsxr.11
Its so hard to stop them when its outside..

can you dig a hole and fit a Good ground anchor? So you can lock to the stand or rear swinger?
Probably need to do something like that, if it means not having to sleep with one eye open, and a baseball bat at the side of the bed. Got a big awkward set of ladders I can lock it to meantime.
Sorry to hear about the gixxer. Never to be seen again?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Probably need to do something like that, if it means not having to sleep with one eye open, and a baseball bat at the side of the bed. Got a big awkward set of ladders I can lock it to meantime.
Sorry to hear about the gixxer. Never to be seen again?

i got it back 6 weeks later as it happens..it was ok bar paintwork tyres and ignition locks and a new wheel etc..
the guy had 50k worth of nicked bikes exups gsxrs cbrs ets ,this was in 91..
he got a bender!!!! Can u believe that..50k..imagine if that was taken from a post office or bank..be 10yr

SD1

he got a bender!!!!
? No jail time?

Mrs M

Guru
Sorry to hear this.
Thieving like this makes me xx(.
There has been a plague of motorcycle and scooter thefts in Aberdeen recently.
The little neds have been seen tearing along, no lights or helmets, pulling wheelies and cutting up traffic.
Reports most days of some young lads pride and joy stolen, wrecked then burnt out by these mindless little ***********!!
Hope your bike's ok.

Top Bottom