Thieving scum.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had one of those new! Almost identical except for being Skoal Bandit green. Nothing else like it at the time, the first of the hyper sports bikes, over 90 in 1st! I shot all over the country in a green blur and eventually sold it in the realisation I was going to end up dead or in prison, so off it went to be replaced by the motorcycle equivalent of a cup of cocoa.... a Kwak GT750.

they were mental bikes @Drago ,i had that longer than any bike..brilliant engine .

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4021652, member: 9609"]that was keen riding a big bike with a third of the spokes missing. and both being together.[/QUOTE]

the guy was from Kings Lynn..he got nicked walking around with a samari sword at 2am and got locked up for that..
my brother in law new him as a repeat offender, as a custody Sgt he met the nobber often.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
They'll be back to check if you've put the fairings back on.

1. Get a loop of 20mm rebar.
2. Dig a large hole.
3. Fill the hole with concrete and embed the loop of rebar
4. Lock the bike to the loop of rebar.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
They'll be back to check if you've put the fairings back on.

1. Get a loop of 20mm rebar.
2. Dig a large hole.
3. Fill the hole with concrete and embed the loop of rebar
4. Lock the bike to the loop of rebar.
The fairings are now back on.
If anyone wants to steal the bike, they now have some extra security to overcome:
1. As was always there; an Abus Granite U lock through the front wheel.
2. Through the back wheel, I now have a very meaty Thatcham approved Oxford chain and padlock. As a temporary measure it is attached to an 8 ft ladder. I have a hole dug waiting to be filled with concrete, and a ground anchor ordered.
3. Centre stand has a heavy duty lock on it; attached to a screw in type of ground anchor (not much use on its own I know; but it's always been there as an anchor for ratchet straps in the windy weather). With lock attached, they will have problems trying to unscrew it.
4. The only way out of the garden is now obstructed by the remaining 2 ladders from the 3 ladder extension set. They are chained and padlocked to two fixed metal clothes poles, forming a type of low fence. If they want the bike out of the garden, they will need to either cut through the chains and move the ladders, or lift the 220 kg of bike over the ladders.

There is only so much you can practically do! Hopefully the above will be enough to have them looking elsewhere for a bike to steal.

Levo-Lon

Guru
That will slow em @Brandane ..that's about all you can do..do you have a 500w security light? They dont like bright light..but i guess you know that..

stephec

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4022466, member: 76"]remember there is also the option of an ambush, a baseball bat and a relentless beating if they try again :ph34r:[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately these lowlifes rarely go out thieving alone; and on their last visit they had a blade of some description which they must have used to cut the bike cover free from the U lock. It's all well and good setting about them with a baseball bat in the heat of the moment, but these feckers are like Rottweillers from my past dealings (professionally only!); they would extract revenge 10 times over and I would end up having to move away from the area if it was some of the more heavy duty nutcases involved. All for a 13 year old £3k bike. What a fecked up world we live in. :gun:

Mrs M

Guru
The fairings are now back on.
If anyone wants to steal the bike, they now have some extra security to overcome:
1. As was always there; an Abus Granite U lock through the front wheel.
2. Through the back wheel, I now have a very meaty Thatcham approved Oxford chain and padlock. As a temporary measure it is attached to an 8 ft ladder. I have a hole dug waiting to be filled with concrete, and a ground anchor ordered.
3. Centre stand has a heavy duty lock on it; attached to a screw in type of ground anchor (not much use on its own I know; but it's always been there as an anchor for ratchet straps in the windy weather). With lock attached, they will have problems trying to unscrew it.
4. The only way out of the garden is now obstructed by the remaining 2 ladders from the 3 ladder extension set. They are chained and padlocked to two fixed metal clothes poles, forming a type of low fence. If they want the bike out of the garden, they will need to either cut through the chains and move the ladders, or lift the 220 kg of bike over the ladders.

There is only so much you can practically do! Hopefully the above will be enough to have them looking elsewhere for a bike to steal.
Hope this does the trick.
Just sad you have to go to such trouble and expensive because some low life's can't keep their thieving trotters to themselves :ninja:.

Drago

Legendary Member
On a happy note, last week in a nearby town a scumbag robbed a guy of his motorbike, and as he was making good his escape he augured head on into a car. He's now in hospital on life support. He won't be stealing anything for a while, if at all.

stephec

Legendary Member
On a happy note, last week in a nearby town a scumbag robbed a guy of his motorbike, and as he was making good his escape he augured head on into a car. He's now in hospital on life support. He won't be stealing anything for a while, if at all.
I like a story with a happy ending, apart from how much the hospital treatment is costing.

Hopefully the person he crashed into won't have any future problems because of it either.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Awww; what a shame! :giggle:

Top Bottom