Things don't last like they used to!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
On Sunday I went out for a ride on the MTB and snapped the front brake cable :ohmy:.
I only bought the bike in 1988. Second hand. I think it's an 1987 model Saracen Tufftrax.

Not bad really. I don't think many folks will have had brake cables last 25 years.

Just thinking :eek:. Gear cables are still going strong (!!!). I'll check them over this week though they don't suffer the same stresses as brake cables.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You weren't going down hill at the time were you?? :eek::laugh:

Oldspice

On Sunday I went out for a ride on the MTB and snapped the front brake cable :ohmy:.
I only bought the bike in 1988. Second hand. I think it's an 1987 model Saracen Tufftrax.

Not bad really. I don't think many folks will have had brake cables last 25 years.

Just thinking :eek:. Gear cables are still going strong (!!!). I'll check them over this week though they don't suffer the same stresses as brake cables.

Contact the BBC's 'Watchdog' hopefully they will do a full investigation into this shoddy and dangerous product and hopefully get it off the streets before it's too late. My God! there could have been some ducklings in front of you:eek:

Oldspice

1815 was when my evening meal was made.

Took your time getting home:whistle:

asterix

Comrade Member
Is this the place to crow about my refrigerator that I bought in 1951? Come on, DM readers!

You do realise that it's your refrigerator that is leading us to armageddon? The end of the world as we know it?*

At least my old anglepoise (mid 30s) takes eco bulbs.:angel:

* seriously you could save a lot on your leccy bill with a new one and trun the old one into a retro cupboard if you like the look.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
You weren't going down hill at the time were you?? :eek::laugh:
Luckily no. But I did have a few steady hills to go down. We were on the road so I could keep a check on my speed with the back break.
My parents still use things they got as wedding presents in 1975, .....
My parents married in 1956 and my dad still uses some of the saucepans they got as wedding presents.

Top Bottom