Things I have learned today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Some more....

1) I like having my front light on flash, I feel like I am in a disco.
2) There are more idiots on the road at night, I am a big woman in a hi vis on a bike with lights and refelctors - You cannot miss me!
3) There is something peaceful about riding in the dark
40 Cycling is good for me - 4lb off this week!

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

So much learning going on at the moment.

1) Counting 1,2,3,4 out loud is not stupid if it gets you up the hill
2) There are some lovely truck drivers who sit behind you for 200 yards rather than overtake when it is a bit close
3) Strava is not at all addictive.....
4) I can cycle to work in less than 15 minutes - it is now officially quicker to cycle to work as well as home in rush hour than it is to drive.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Us Muggles refer to our IT staff as Muppets :laugh:

When you're more IT than the IT staff you just humour them.

And on Monday I learnt that the weight of the bike doesn't actually make much difference when you're going up a hill.

I managed the same distance on this bike

MyBike.JPG

as I did on this bike

Mybike1.JPG

before I had to get off an walk.

Cannondale Lady

I have caught up with these posts after returning to here. They are amusing and a relaxed lighthearted look at a hardcore sport. I started a similar type of thing last year called "My Firsts" and will be adding to it from his weekend when I take to the saddle. Keep it up and keep us updated.

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

I have caught up with these posts after returning to here. They are amusing and a relaxed lighthearted look at a hardcore sport. I started a similar type of thing last year called "My Firsts" and will be adding to it from his weekend when I take to the saddle. Keep it up and keep us updated.
Will do thank you :smile: I have been reading your firsts too :smile:

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

Some more for today.

1) My nemesis little incline that I call a hill but most people call a small hump can now be conquered with only 2 drops of gear
2) Doing 5 miles yesterday lunchtime set me up for the afternoon and evening, I felt brilliant.
3) Wearing size smaller Guide uniform is very inspiring

Top Bottom