Things I now know not to do next time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Always make sure your inner tube has a long valve when using deep rims while out on the North Downs so your mini pump can pump up your tyre after suffering a puncture ........:cursing:
did we meet at the bottom of Vigo hill on mother's day. If it wasn't you it was someone with same predicament

Don't take your bike to Halfords to have work done.

Buy crap. The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of the bargain has gone. Experience has taught me to buy the best I can afford rather than making do with a cheaper alternative, even if I have to save up longer. It only costs you more in the long run.

From yesterday - having taken the cassette off etc to replace a broken spoke, remember to replace the plastic thingy that goes between the cassette and the wheel before putting everything back together and finding the extra bit on the table.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Remeber not to stand on the pedals before both feet are clipped in - no matter how adept you have become at doing it! Also, remember that the relatively unscathed condition of your lovely new jacket will be no indicator for the state of your skin underneath it - which will probably have picked up 'virtual' gravel rash!!

Oh, and remember not to do any of the above when you're out riding with the wife and she's on a for a PB average speed!!!

RaRa

Remember to remove your phone from the jersey pocket before sticking it in the washing machine.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
From yesterday - having taken the cassette off etc to replace a broken spoke, remember to replace the plastic thingy that goes between the cassette and the wheel before putting everything back together and finding the extra bit on the table.
:ohmy: :ohmy::ohmy:

The plastic thingy that fits between the cassette and the spokes? Good God man, you're supposed to bin those things as soon as you get the bike.

remember to ride the bike with the easily removeable spd's to the spinning class, otherwise you have to use the rubbish clip pedals on the spinning bike and not be able to go the full hog in the class

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never carry your cable lock in the opened position.
I know someone who snapped his lock shut at his destination before realising he had left the key at home.:whistle:

On a similar theme. Make sure you put your lock keys back in your pocket. Fitted bikes to roofrack to go to a race, popped on a small cable lock just in-case the bikes ever came loose. Got to said race. Bugger, where are the keys. Looked everywhere. Found them resting in the roof gutter. We'd only driven 30 miles down twisty country lanes at anything upto 60 mph. Phew.

Top Bottom