Things shouted at cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Out on the bike today, I came across a lone elderly man. As I got closer, he shouted something I couldn't make out.
On other rides with a friend, I get "Are you trying to catch him?" if I'm behind him and he races ahead.
I'm tempted to shout something back. Any witty replies are very welcome.
Is it just the lone female on a bike thing?
It's always men that shout, never women.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had a few things, wheels going round etc.

Mate had 'oh you aren't looking well' when we were climbing a big hill, I just split my sides laughing as I was having a 'good day'. He wasn't !

Just shout 'your belly is big'...😄

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Tbh, I would be flattered.
No chance in my case, though :laugh:

I think about it in reverse though, what if me a mid 30s bloke had said it to her? Id suspect a different result..

*Wouldn't say it anyway, for a couple of reasons :laugh:

Slick

Guru
Can't believe people think its just the guys who shout at cyclists. My brother and I did the Glasgow through the night 100k cycle a couple of years back and we were heckled right from the off from the tenements in Govan which was hilarious by the way. Then I met a cracking bunch of girls around Hampden who were desperate for a backie. Worst of the lot was chucking out time going through Shawlands, that's the bad lands right there and we were lucky to escape with our dignity. The city centre around 2am was a breeze after that.

Chislenko

Veteran
I was cycling through a housing estate couple of years back wearing my bright green / yellow fluorescent jacket and a bloke in a car just pulled out straight in front of me causing me to have to take evasive action as he clearly hadn't looked / seen me.

Young lad walking down the street, sees it all and quick as a flash shouts "You need a brighter jacket mate"

Yellow / Green I still can't make my mind up what actual colour they are!

Top Bottom