Things shouted at cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A few years ago, I had the (once ubiquitous) "You're Back Wheel's Following The Front!" shouted at me

For once, I stopped, turned round, the kid who'd shouted it looked a bit worried (one of a gang of 4)
He seemed surprised that I congratulated him on his grasp of physics, & was he studying it at School/College?
I suggested that he asked his tutor about 'Cretins Law'

I told him how it described the manner in which two (or possibly more?) interlinked objects, would always transcribe the same direction, at a fixed distance apart, & at the same velocity............ unless separated by various means

I suggested that he asked his tutor about it, explaining how he'd found out about it, & that I'd ask him, if I saw him again

A week or so later, I saw the same kids & asked, he looked embarrassed & told me that I'd won:laugh:

frazzled

Had a couple recently.

Commuting on the ebike, a small van pulled up beside me at a red light and the passenger shouted "You're leaking diesel!".

They thought it was hilarious, which puzzled me, as it seemed possibly the lamest joke I'd ever heard. The two blokes were OK though and actually interested in the bike, so we had a short chat before the lights changed.

The second I'm very grateful for. A bus driver shouted "Your phone's falling out your back pocket mate".

Don't suppose he'll ever read this, but if he does, thanks!

I'd hate to smash yet another.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On that point, it never fails to amaze me the number of lasses that have their phones tucked into the back pocket of the tight jeans or whatever.
Do they always remember to take the phone out before they sit down - ? :whistle:

I read that 10% of cases of serious phone damage is caused by sitting on the phone! (About the same percentage as caused by accidentally dropping phones into toilets! :laugh:)

Big T

Guru
Years and years ago - over 40 years, I was riding through the city centre, when a guy pulls alongside and shouts “I hope you’ve got good life insurance”. I had the presence of mind to shout back “I’ll still be alive long after you’ve died of a heart attack, mate!”. And here I am, 40 odd years later, still alive and still riding!

Top Bottom