Things that confuse me..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why do national cycling routes direct you into a town and then the signage just stops?
Even when present, they can be a bit confusing:

This one is in Ripon, at Market Square, on the Way of the Roses. Caught me out the first time I did that route, after stopping for lunch in Ripon. There was a 50/50 chance, and of course I went the wrong way, down a hill until I quickly realised I was going back the way I had come....
Maybe they could invest in a sticker to say "east" or "west".

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Even when present, they can be a bit confusing:

View attachment 620375

This one is in Ripon, at Market Square, on the Way of the Roses. Caught me out the first time I did that route, after stopping for lunch in Ripon. There was a 50/50 chance, and of course I went the wrong way, down a hill until I quickly realised I was going back the way I had come....
Maybe they could invest in a sticker to say "east" or "west".
You should have asked at the CAB 😂

Somewhere in flattest North Yorkshire you used to able to come to a T junction which said Richmond 8 miles to the left. If you took that road, at the next junction was another sign saying Richmond 8 miles, pointing back the way you've come.
all roads lead to yorkshire.
or so we are told - by yorkshire folk.
Hell - I was in a bookshop earlier today and there was a "history of yorkshire" book.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
all roads lead to yorkshire.
or so we are told - by yorkshire folk.
Hell - I was in a bookshop earlier today and there was a "history of yorkshire" book.

or all escape routes lead from Yorkshire…

classic33

Leg End Member

Waterstones have a review of that book, published on the 4th April 2019, that was posted on the 18th January 2018.
How?

Top Bottom