Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You should have just said that you were paying cash.
We bought a new car last year.
Salesman didn't want cash. Repeatedly tried to sell us finance, leasing, PCP or whatever.
We were on the verge of walking away before he twigged that it was cash or nothing.
Suppose he lost some commission by not selling finance.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We bought a new car last year.
Salesman didn't want cash. Repeatedly tried to sell us finance, leasing, PCP or whatever.
We were on the verge of walking away before he twigged that it was cash or nothing.
Suppose he lost some commission by not selling finance.

To be fair I get that they want to sell you credit, and thus get two lots of profit, but refusing to sell you anything, unless he is genuinely confident of selling a short-supply vehicle to someone else, is surely nuts. Does it really work as a sales tactic to piss off the customer ? Do they really grit their teeth and beg to buy a car?

Last car I bought was so easy. Stopped in garage on the way to an evening out - test drove the car I'd fancied but didn't like it, saw another which seemed very cheap, it drove like a dream so offered a token amount less than the ticket price and we shook hands on it. All done in half an hour including two test drives. I've just completed 100,000 miles in it (on top of the original 3 owners' 70,000). Not bad for a £2500 car. To be fair I did have a new engine put in a couple of years back, but it's still been luxury bangernomics for 10+ years

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Just found out what a parsec is. Not that it really bothered me all that much but I first came across the word reading Star Wars. Han Solo claimed that the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I think it would have bothered me more if I had known what a parsec was, because a parsec is a measure of distance, not time.

Last edited:
This not only bothers me it does my swede right in.

M56 Junction 15 closed, M62 Junction 10 closed etc. Why can't they put Junction 15 XYZ Town to give us a clue, do the people operating these motorway signs think we all sit at home each night revising and memorising where every junction on Britain's motorways go or that we all work for Eddie Stobart and talk in junctions not place names.

Someone driving up from the south hits the M6 and sees M56 Junction 15 closed, how the **** is he / she supposed to know what town that junction goes to, as it happens it was the one I wanted when I got there!!!
Not just motorways. Signs go up saying Axxx road closed. Locals dont know where that is because they never refer to the road number. Visitors are totally lost because they are heading for places not roads.
But it won't change because the powers that be don't give a shoot.

Does the use of hazzard lights negate the existence of double yellow lines?
I thought everyone knew that :laugh:

Top Bottom