Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
On any online forum or Facebook page there is always somebody who will argue that black is definitely white or disagree with what looks like common sense remarks.
No there isn't. What a load of rubbish. I cant believe that you really think that in this day and age. Please show us your evidence, with links to at least 12 pieces of authoritative peer reviewed research to support your claim :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
I tell you what annoys me. I'm not a footballist, and it really annoys me when some BNP voting neanderthal says "we beat spurs 5-2". We didn't do anything you bald lardy twit. You weren't anywhere to be seen on the pitch.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What irritates me is the way food is now marketed, In the old days it was a chicken, now it’s an “Oakham” chicken or “pan fried” fish, what else are you going to fry it in. “Oven Baked” ham etc.:rolleyes:

There used to be other alternative methods but "colander frying" and "cardboard box" frying never caught on and only "pan frying" was truly successful. Baking in a teapot and lampshade was equally unsatisfactory, so most baking is now in an oven. They still explicitly state this in case they get an older customer in who asks "are you sure this was baked in an over rather than in an old blanket?"

There used to be other alternative methods but "colander frying" and "cardboard box" frying never caught on and only "pan frying" was truly successful. Baking in a teapot and lampshade was equally unsatisfactory, so most baking is now in an oven. They still explicitly state this in case they get an older customer in who asks "are you sure this was baked in an over rather than in an old blanket?"

Oh thank you, now I've got to clean sprayed tea off the computer screen.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
:cursing::cursing::cursing: no price, :cursing::cursing: what is it lately with people writing a bloody essay describing the item for sale and then finishing off with.....ask for price...………………………...ask for fekin price ,...…..AAARRRGGHHHH..... just put the price on the advertisement , its not fekin hard:cry: I JUST DONT GET IT.

I tried to buy a brand new diesel van once and the salesman wouldn't quote me a price. The best I got was "tell me what you can afford a month and I'll tell you what model you can have". That wasn't the f-in question, so i thanked him left. It was all rather bizarre to be honest. I would probably have been a bit more "direct" these days but as a youth attempting to buy a brand new vehicle I found it all a bit intimidating.

I can understand them being a bit off if a youngster ponces into the Ferrari shop wanting a test-drive but a diesel astra FFS, hardly !

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Why have Donald Trump and Kim jong - un two of the world's leaders.Both got rubbish barbers.

Kim's haircut is a bit unusually but prefectly tidy to be fair. Trump's bizarrely elaborate comb-over -not so great

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There was also I think the Fleet Air Arm which was part of the navy. One of my old drinking buddies Francis Drake [Yes that was his name and he was later skipper of Bloodhound] was a pilot in the navy and as usual was full of entertaining and probably partly fictional tales.

I'm sure all the tales were true. One fine raconteur defending himself said "All my stories are true; they might not have happened in quite the same sequence, or as part of the one incident <pause> or to me"

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'm sure all the tales were true. One fine raconteur defending himself said "All my stories are true; they might not have happened in quite the same sequence, or as part of the one incident <pause> or to me"
I also knew Rear Admiral Harry Hughes quite well. His tales were more likely to be true but often scurrilous and not reflecting well on his lords and masters. He had an old Volvo estate car known as The Admiral's Barge which after a few pints seemed to handle like one as well. When he died a Frigate appeared to scatter his ashes at sea.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You should have just said that you were paying cash.

I'm sure I told him I didn't want credit, or at least, my bafflement at the question should have made him at least ask. He's the guy who supposedly does this for a living. I'm sure the staff in Sainsbury's are not highly skilled as these things go, but they seem to be able to answer "how much is this" if you ask

I tried to buy a brand new diesel van once and the salesman wouldn't quote me a price. The best I got was "tell me what you can afford a month and I'll tell you what model you can have". That wasn't the f-in question, so i thanked him left. It was all rather bizarre to be honest. I would probably have been a bit more "direct" these days but as a youth attempting to buy a brand new vehicle I found it all a bit intimidating.

I can understand them being a bit off if a youngster ponces into the Ferrari shop wanting a test-drive but a diesel astra FFS, hardly !

Honestly , it does my fekin head in , I just don't understand it. :wacko::wacko:

Top Bottom