Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What happened to Greenshield stamps?
The football pools - are they still going?
Nectar card has taken over from greenshield stamps.
you can still do the pools. But most people now are doing accumulators and other bespoke betting options. Who wants to predict score draws?

Lullabelle

Banana
Why do I smile at people when I wear my mask? Can anyone tell?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I went to Greenwich last year to catch the annual Astrophotography exhibition. I nipped into a local corner shop to buy a sarnie & drink. I waited while an elderly lady in front paid for her goods, then it was my turn.

I handed the shopkeeper a note & he counted out my change when...

Mr I-am-in-a-hurry ran in, grabbed a can of fizz from the fridge and just as the guy was handing me my change, he leaned over me as if I was inconveniently in his way, dropped £1 into the shopkeepers hand, which still had my change in it, said 'there you go mate' and ran out....

Next time someone acts as impatient & rude like that, I'm tempted to slap the fecker....:cursing:. Is this just in London or are other people in a rush so blasted rude?.
That happened to me last week in a bank. I was queuing at the counter in an orderly fashion when - of all people, the singer Diana Ross rudely pushed in front of me like she had some kind of entitlement to behave that way! I stood up to her and said, "You can't hurry, love, you just have to wait."

Or thinking about it, was it the drummer, Phil Collins?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
That happened to me last week in a bank. I was queuing at the counter in an orderly fashion when - of all people, the singer Diana Ross rudely pushed in front of me like she had some kind of entitlement to behave that way! I stood up to her and said, "You can't hurry, love, you just have to wait."

Or thinking about it, was it the drummer, Phil Collins?
I think it was Phil, but I gave you a like for the gag:okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Who do people say "I'm not a doctor myself","I'm not a lawyer,so i wouldn't know" etc etc when replying to questions,statements on the radio/tv etc? Yes,we know your're not a doctor or a lawyer,so why tell us something that's clearly obvious?:rolleyes: For example a documentary filmed years ago about a campsite manager featured a scene where one of the holiday makers was taken ill. The campsite manager said "I think he'll be ok,but i'm not a doctor myself.so i'm not certain". There he was with a mop and bucket in his hands. 'Oh,thanks for telling us,i thought you were a GP moonlighting as a bog cleaner for a bit of pin money' thought i.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom