Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Charlie Chaplin, did people really used to find him funny? I used to think people found him funny because it was a long time ago, and what people consumed in the way of entertainment was different. However, I used to think Harold Lloyd was funny. Laurel and Hardy were entertaining in a gentle comedy way.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Latin in books. I came across Latin in two books today. "Quo vadis" in Under the Volcano, and joke doctor's prescription in Wives and Daughters. Makes me feel ignorant and a pleb when I don't understand it.

See what you did there...

You're clearly wasted on this lot :rolleyes:

Why sometimes on here, especially in the more argumentative bits, folk sometimes "like" two opposing - maybe even violently opposing - posts/views. Are they stirring or do they have the personal moral compass of a goldfish? Or are they just finger/trigger happy and need to get out in the fresh air more?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why sometimes on here, especially in the more argumentative bits, folk sometimes "like" two opposing - maybe even violently opposing - posts/views. Are they stirring or do they have the personal moral compass of a goldfish? Or are they just finger/trigger happy and need to get out in the fresh air more?

Imagine taking the trouble to note it all down :rolleyes:

Who knows, these paradoxical 'likings' might be as a result of too much fresh air, and exercise ^_^

Imagine taking the trouble to note it all down :rolleyes:
??
I don't "note it all down".
It's not unknown to see apparently diametrically opposed "likes" on the same thread and even on posts very close to each other posted within seconds or very few minutes - I'd have to have the mind of a goldfish myself to not notice.

I do, thankfully (means I still have my marbles) plead guilty to having a certain picture of a few individuals built up in my time on here. Part of the reason I still very much like here but don't use facefark or twatter.

Last edited:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Perhaps it is an appreciation of effort or a point well made rather than agreement. Do you ever watch sport? Do you enjoy a well executed try or goal, even if scored by the opposition?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I do realise that SOME (stressed) see posting on here as a competitive sport.
Sorry Blue, I didn't realise you saw it that way, I've liked your posts here and I'll try to help out to get your ratio up, I think it'll take a team effort to catch you up to Mudders though.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I find a simple spreadsheet is more than sufficient to keep an eye on people, I'll PM you the template if you "like".

If you wouldn't mind dear, my forumming admin is clearly wayy too inconsistent, it's like I'm just randomly chatting with a bunch of random cyclists..:bicycle:

??
I don't "note it all down".
It's not unknown to see apparently diametrically opposed "likes" on the same thread and even on posts very close to each other posted within seconds or very few minutes - I'd have to have the mind of a goldfish myself to not notice.

I do, thankfully (means I still have my marbles) plead guilty to having a certain picture of a few individuals built up in my time on here. Part of the reason I still very much like here but don't use facefark or twatter.

Maybe we should have a shorthand like the 'TMN' for calling out such aberrant behaviour :stop:

It's just the thin end of the wedge.

I get around the 'knowing who people' are on Facebook 'problem' by only being friends with people I've met in real life.

Instagram, is perfectly manageable in a similar way.

Twitter only very occasionally for 'dry old official business'

Remember what they say though about assumptions ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Sorry Blue, I didn't realise you saw it that way, I've liked your posts here and I'll try to help out to get your ratio up, I think it'll take a team effort to catch you up to Mudders though.

Oh lor can't we have any non competitive activities in life ??

That's why I like cycling in the first place.

I come here for informative* R&R.

Life's enough of a scramble as it is.

*Just like the BBC.. But without the bally old licence fee.

Anyhoo up, real life Crimble shopping beckons today..

Wish me luck :hello:

Top Bottom