Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
"Taking the knee"
It's rapidly becoming the new ice bucket challenge.

Been watching "28 Days Later" today. And it reminded me of something that has annoyed me tremendously, which may have already been mentioned....

When you have to turn up the volume to hear dialog in a film... and then IT SUDDENLY GETS LOUD WITH THE SOUNDTRACK. You turn it down, and then the next dialog you can barely hear it... so you turn it up.... and then......

It happens with so many films and tv shows. Why can't they balance the volume levels? Is it that hard? Is there a reason for this?
Its called compression, some TVs have a setting to squash the dynamic range, I don't own a surround sound receiver but will take a guess that all of them have settings to lower the dynamic range.
Tis an unfortunate thing that many films and TV productions are tailored for current multi channel gear when many old gits just have a TV with mabe a sound bar.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Mobile phone use in news broadcasts - GUARANTEED that that during any broadcast at least one of the contributors will be cut off, drop out, signal lost or otherwise become silenced. Why this blind belief in new technology? Why not use landlines?
(Just moved from an area with virtually non existent mobile signal to one that is even worse!!!)

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
They say glass is a liquid, but is it really? It seems pretty solid to me. If it's be a liquid, what temperature does it freeze at and does it go opaque?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Why do people feel the need to tell people that they need a No 2?
Their closeness to defecation is of no interest to me whatsoever.

classic33

Leg End Member
They say glass is a liquid, but is it really? It seems pretty solid to me. If it's be a liquid, what temperature does it freeze at and does it go opaque?
It's neither, it' actually between those two states.

And it's "flow" is too slow for you to observe in your lifetime. Old stained glass windows demonstrate this the best. The pieces used being both thicker and darker in colour at their base than at their tops.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why do horses need shoes? Wild horses don't need shoes. Cattle and sheep don't need shoes. Not sure about donkeys.
It’s a number of reasons.
The hard road surface wears the hoof down coupled with the fact the horse is either pulling a cart or has a rider on their back to increase the wear.
Cattle and sheep don’t pull stuff or walk on paved roads much.
I’m not sure about donkeys either.

Top Bottom