Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
By being good at football.

This isn't a hard question, even for me, and I don't care about football.

You have to be very good at football. Jason Lee had this hairstyle at Nottingham Forest. Skinner and Baddiel used to rip the piss out of him, and the fans used to chant "He's got a pineapple on his head". He would probably have got away with it if he scored more goals.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oVQd73w7jEwPGG5jf2ubbAHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Signals failures: what are they and why are there so many of them?

Genau

There's East of, West of, South of and Middle of. There's just one obvious place missing from the maps, Why??

It was called Norsex but the population dwindled and eventually died out,

No idea why...

Last edited:
Where do you get sticky backed plastic? Where did you get sticky backed plastic pre-internet?
  1. I have no idea
  2. The only time I have ever used "contact" (aka stick back plastic) was to cover school books. I bought it at the same place I got the books. I had no further use for it, because I never saw Blue Peter.
Note: the destroyed text books from misplaced "Contact" left me well prepared for screen protectors.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Artists shop, WHSmiths, The Range, what was Staples(re-named in recent years).

I doubt I'd have gone into an artists shop or Staples as a boy, and I've never heard of The Range. TBH, I doubt I'd have spent my pocket money on sticky-backed plastic in WH Smiths even if I knew it could be got there. In fact, I can't remember ever noticing sticky-backed plastic on sale in WH Smiths or anywhere else. In fact, what was it really for?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Laurence Olivier: was he the greatest actor of the 20th century, or was he either hammy/wooden depending on whether he was trying not to overact. I only thought he was good in Marathon Man.

classic33

Leg End Member
I doubt I'd have gone into an artists shop or Staples as a boy, and I've never heard of The Range. TBH, I doubt I'd have spent my pocket money on sticky-backed plastic in WH Smiths even if I knew it could be got there. In fact, I can't remember ever noticing sticky-backed plastic on sale in WH Smiths or anywhere else. In fact, what was it really for?
Used it on books, clear on text books, patterned on writing.

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/decorating-diy/wall-coverings/sticky-back-plastic/c/501

Top Bottom