Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Rail fares, and particually people's objections to the cost of them.
Feel free to correct me, I've rarely ever used trains but let's say you live in Peterborough and work in London. All the following are approximations but...
Annual train fare is IRO £7k.
It's around 70 miles, so let's say 2 gallons of fuel each way, say £20 daily, £100 weekly, work 48 weeks of the year...£4800.00
That's based on the way I see most drivers headed down the A1, like it's a race track, then the inevitable delays, slow traffic etc...35 mpg doesn't seem unreasonable for many cars.
Add car wear and tear (quite considerable I should think), the considerable cost of parking in London, extra insurance costs based on mileage etc etc.
You're not driving so I assume you're more relaxed (assuming you can get a seat I gather)

I suspect the costs aren't too far apart, drive or train.
If someone chooses to commute all that way, you pays your money, you takes your choice surely.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have never been stung nor nave I ever seen them do anything other than fly around and clear our their nest.
Sat in the garden minding our own business.....a nasty, mean, 'orrible wasp landed on Mrs Dave.....stung her twice and flew off. Why???
I rest my case.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sat in the garden minding our own business.....a nasty, mean, 'orrible wasp landed on Mrs Dave.....stung her twice and flew off. Why???
I rest my case.
Never thought to hit the wasp with it?

Drago

Legendary Member
Speeding motorists. Oxygen thieves who don't think they need to do 30 in a 30 zone. This site doesn't have enough bandwidth to accommodate my thoughts on their ancestry, and the punishments I would dish out if I were Lord Protector.

Top Bottom