Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Wikipedia and PHE are a mine of info.

A scan gives a dose of about 25-30 mSv.
Roughly the same as four years of Cornish background radiation. Hmm.
Above or below ground?

gbb

Legendary Member
Speeding motorists. Oxygen thieves who don't think they need to do 30 in a 30 zone. This site doesn't have enough bandwidth to accommodate my thoughts on their ancestry, and the punishments I would dish out if I were Lord Protector.
I drive a section of the A1M every work day, Peterboro to Huntingdon
As you approach the exit to the A14 it drops to a 50mph, then (albeit for a very short distance, maybe 1/2 mile) to a 40mph limit.
Virtually NO-ONE heeds the limits, you'll still get cars flying up lane 4 then veer off at the last minute and exit at 70/80mph in that 40 limit. Maybe 5 miles up the road are THE biggest set of long term roadworks widening the A14 for mile after mile. Its been slow for 2 years, it'll be slow for the next 2 years....and yet they STILL fly up to them like a javelin.....then have to sit in the traffic like everyone else.
All that time zooming up the A1M (illegally for the most part) makes very little difference to the overall time travelling (i suspect)
What IS the point of it ?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In the Lord's Prayre is it "Who art in heaven" or "Which art in heaven"? I remember it as "Which art in heaven", but that does seem to be grammatically correct.

classic33

Leg End Member
Matt. 6:9 & King James

MikeG

Guru
In the Lord's Prayre is it "Who art in heaven" or "Which art in heaven"? I remember it as "Which art in heaven", but that does seem to be grammatically correct.

I guess that depends on whether your make-believe character is believed to be human ("who art") or a thing ("which art").

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Yes, I quite like the German and the French version, and I like the Middle English version:

The Lourdes Preyere

Oure fadir that art in heuenes,
halewid be thi name;
thi kyngdoom come to;
be thi wille don, in erthe as in heuene.
Yyue to vs this dai oure breed ouer othir substaunce,
and foryyue to vs oure dettis, as we foryyuen to oure dettouris;
and lede vs not in to temptacioun, but delyuere vs fro yuel. Amen.

mustang1

Guru
Why can't people walk in a straight line?

When you are walking and someone is walking in same direction as you but faster, when they overtake you they immediately change their course to get right in front of you (and then they get annoyed when I accidentally trip them up).

When you are at a restaurant, the service is quick when they take your order and give food .But when it comes time to pay, they take forever .

Top Bottom