Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Brexit...

Chris S

Legendary Member
On that subject, why do adolescent schoolboys still measure their manhoods in inches?
a) Schools have been predominantly teaching the metric system for at least 40 years.
b) Inches do not provide sufficient granularity to measure them precisely and today's schoolboys are not used to thinking in eighths of inches and sixteenths of inches.

If anything should be recorded in mil...

Because they can round-up to the nearest inch?

Lullabelle

Banana
Why some companies have to make things so difficult. The company I work for recently changed their name so we have been notifying all of our suppliers/providers. About 98% have made changes to their systems with the minimum of fuss, a small few have made things ridiculously long winded and complicated :wacko: :angry:

simonali

Guru
Nearly every day I see this beardy hipster type. He's probably in his mid thirties, big ZZ Top beard, trews tucked in his socks and he's always walking along whilst pushing a BMX.

Why does he take a bike with him if he's walking? Is he too embarrassed to ride it away from the other cool 80s kids at the skate park/BMX track?

Why doesn't he have a grown up's bike? A fixie would be just as hip, wouldn't it?

Is the BMX even his? Is he walking to a school to collect his small bearded child?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What's so great about monocoque construction? Whenever I built plastic kits of Spitfires, the details would usually say it was designed to have monocoque construction. When I finally found out what monocoque construction was, it was what I assumed it was anyway.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why are they called mini cabs? It's not like they're small.

mustang1

Guru
Assumptions
And
Reading in between the lines
And
Executive summaries
And
People who say "I'm going to make an executive decision"
And
People who say "that's above my pay grade"

Top Bottom