Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
If Britain is so keen to have democracy in Hong Kong then why did they wait 99 years to introduce it?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
giphy.gif
I've said before that I don't like cats - but I could make an exception for these two!

Lullabelle

Banana
When your sinus plays up, where does all of the snot come from??????:eek:

perplexed

Guru
When you are in a hotel, breakfast is self serve buffet. Why do people feel the need to put several plates of food on their table at the same time? It isn't a 1 trip to the food table only :scratch:

But that means getting up again. Worse, it could cause unnecessary social interaction. This is bad enough at any time, but especially before 9am.

For me, it is a question of precision and timing. There are two primary factors to be considered in the buffet breakfast protocol scenario.

One - how large is/are the plates, and will cereal be partaken of?

Two - beverage consumption. In other words, are the orange juice glasses/coffee cups of sufficient size to not require replenishment during the mastication process, or will they require topping up mid-plate? In such a scenario, two trips are better. On the other hand, one larger plate or two smaller ones may be desirable if the coffee cup/glass will not require replenishment for some time.

Thought and planning is required for these things - you can't rush into a buffet breakfast willy nilly...

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
People who count their steps each day. Whats the point?
And my boss then telling my how many steps she has done over the last few days. Honestly dear, I really dont give a damn.

perplexed

Guru
People who count their steps each day. Whats the point?
And my boss then telling my how many steps she has done over the last few days. Honestly dear, I really dont give a damn.

I know someone who went on and on about the unfeasibly huge number of steps she covered each day at work - it just didn't ring true (she's the sort of person who wouldn't think twice about driving 400 metres to the paper shop).

Turns out that when she moved her legs in the car it was counting steps. Her gadgit thought she was walking miles home when she was driving.

Top Bottom