Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
I know someone who went on and on about the unfeasibly huge number of steps she covered each day at work - it just didn't ring true (she's the sort of person who wouldn't think twice about driving 400 metres to the paper shop).

Turns out that when she moved her legs in the car it was counting steps. Her gadgit thought she was walking miles home when she was driving.

The watch on your wrist counts when you move your wrist so not very accurate.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
For me, it is a question of precision and timing. There are two primary factors to be considered in the buffet breakfast protocol scenario.

One - how large is/are the plates, and will cereal be partaken of?

Two - beverage consumption. In other words, are the orange juice glasses/coffee cups of sufficient size to not require replenishment during the mastication process, or will they require topping up mid-plate? In such a scenario, two trips are better. On the other hand, one larger plate or two smaller ones may be desirable if the coffee cup/glass will not require replenishment for some time.

Thought and planning is required for these things - you can't rush into a buffet breakfast willy nilly...

Alan's big plate.....

AndyRM

XOXO
My work computer has bothered me for a long time. Our network has all manner of ridiculous firewalls in place which stop it from running Adobe Creative Cloud properly. I suppose part of the blame lies with Adobe, for the way they've built the software.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
People supersetting different machines in the gym at peak times, and "reserving" equipment with their bottle or phone.
Nah, not going to happen.
If you want to do that train when it isnt busy.

U

User6179

People who drive to the gym to get on an exercise bike

The same folk who put their dog in the car to drive to the park for a walk.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I have noticed a similarly annoying practise starting at my gym. Someone will get on a piece of equipment and do their set of 20 reps. They then get off and do 10 push ups or 5 mins of stretching on the mat they have plonked down next to the machine or 20 curls with the dumbell they have on the floor. Then it's back on the machine. This goes on for ages, meanwhile others wait to use the gear.

Add to this the vast number of folk who sit on machines messing with their phones for 10 minutes at a time and the gym has become a bit of a pain. I only go when it's really quiet now.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I have noticed a similarly annoying practise starting at my gym. Someone will get on a piece of equipment and do their set of 20 reps. They then get off and do 10 push ups or 5 mins of stretching on the mat they have plonked down next to the machine or 20 curls with the dumbell they have on the floor. Then it's back on the machine. This goes on for ages, meanwhile others wait to use the gear.

Add to this the vast number of folk who sit on machines messing with their phones for 10 minutes at a time and the gym has become a bit of a pain. I only go when it's really quiet now.

I asked one guy, who spent more time looking at his phone than training, ‘How many more sets of Facebook posts do you have left?’

Did the trick and he moved off the machine.^_^

Top Bottom