Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Why do blind people wear dark glasses?
(that's a serious question by the way)

Ex colleague can just about discern light with his eyeballs so they're effectively useless. He's kept them in case advances in stem cell surgery will eventually fix them. They're also a very disturbing sight to his nephews so he wears dark glasses to hide them.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
When you can't get any more out with a knife put some ice cream into the jar and eat with a spoon. Also works really well with Nutella.
And marmite

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Why do blind people wear dark glasses?
(that's a serious question by the way)
I also wondered this, so I looked it up. Seems obvious now:

To enhance their vision (not all blind people are totally blind)
To protect their eyes from the sun
To protect their eyes from physical dangers (e.g. twigs)
To notify others
Aesthetic reasons

And marmite

take a look bottom right xx(
sei_14283500.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sunbathing - do people really enjoy doing it? I have tried it once or twice when I was young, despite having a skin that goes from milk bottle white to lobster red to peeling sheets. Just as well, because I got bored after about five minutes. Are you supposed to enter some zen like state? Is it supposed to be relaxing? Probably didn't help that I tried it on Hove beach, which is a pebbly beach. Yet I understand sunbathing is the thing people fly off to Spain and Greece and Turkey to do.
I enjoy an hour or two sunbathing if its not too hot. It actually can be zen like.
In the 60s/70s a dark tan was considered essential on holiday.

PaulB

Legendary Member
People who stand/hover in doorways or at the top/bottom of escalators blocking everyone else's progress. MOVE!
Middle-lane Malcoms and Malcolmesses on Motorways as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom