Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remembered today after strolling round central london.

What for/why are there those vans delivering ice/ice cubes? can't outfits which need such things make/freeze their own supplies?

are they for ice sculptures?

or is it some sort of very disturbing front?

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
On Christmas Gifts.
Vouchers for Christmas. What's the point of them then? Look here is a voucher for your present which you can spend in any Boots/WH Smith/HMV in the country. Or here is some cash which you can spend in any shop in the World.
I got thirty quid of Next vouchers last year. Next clothing is sh*te. I have been 4 times trying to buy something I liked. 2 weeks before they ran out I bought some smelly stuff for the house....stuff that I didnt actually want.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We have narrow streets with often doubtful room for two cars to pass safely. The width also varies with bits of street furniture such as lampposts etc. Often when I meet another vehicle coming towards me they stop and I am expected to continue past. Why then do they always look for the narrowest bit to be found e.g. opposite a lamppost for example? It is impossible for them to look for the widest bit to make things easier.

Do those coats on dogs and horses (i mean the horse ones when they are stood in wet fields, not doing an ascot catwalk) actually make them feel warmer or just nasty and damp?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Remembered today after strolling round central london.

What for/why are there those vans delivering ice/ice cubes? can't outfits which need such things make/freeze their own supplies?

are they for ice sculptures?

or is it some sort of very disturbing front?

My older son runs a bar, he has to go out to fetch ice every day.

Ice making machines, are v expensive for a smallish outfit to run.
Freezer, and storage space is also expensive / at a premium in a smaller venue.

Do those coats on dogs and horses (i mean the horse ones when they are stood in wet fields, not doing an ascot catwalk) actually make them feel warmer or just nasty and damp?

Ppl often clip very hairy horses in the winter to make them easier to groom in the muddier months.
And also to prevent them overheating when working hard.. You know like cycling fast in a wooly jumper.. You get sweaty then you get cold.

So they need a rug, when just standing about in a field.

Or conversely they may be 'thin skinned, or lightly coated horses, such as Arabians, or thoroughbreds, andalucians who get chilled in our winter climate.

Horse nollige.. I has it :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Not liking classical music. Whenever I hear Desert Island Discs, all the clever people who've achieved great things like classical music, while only sports stars and pop stars like pop.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Why do people at work [more than one site] leave microwave doors open with time left on the dial / timer rather switching it back to zero and closing the door ?

Top Bottom