Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
You've never heard of "Radar" O'Reilly?
Negativeness, should I have done?

classic33

Leg End Member
Negativeness, should I have done?
download (3).jpg

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Those who rent holiday homes. A house just opposite mine is rented out. There is a perfectly good streetlight illuminating the back steps. Why then is it necessary to turn on the outside searchlight and leave it on all day and night shining in my front windows? And while you are at it park your effing car at the front of the house in the space provided. The off street parking at the back is for residents of the 10 houses opposite and if you take up a space there where are we supposed to park?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In The Last of the Summer Wine, whenever the actor who played the tall man died, he was written out by saying he'd moved away. Why on Earth would he move away? He's having the time of his life.

gbb

Legendary Member
On a serios not and this isnt a long term thing that's bothered me but....
With all the focus on the environment, food production sees a lot of bad press, partly quite rightly, but wouldn't it be better if the focus was on the pointless, meaningless, useless items we produce and ship around the world ?
I mean, food is central need for humans, good food even more so. So while it's important we try to do it sensibly....what about all the junk that gets made and shipped all over the world, single use cr&p, usually poor quality from China etc, shipped at high environmental cost , stuff like Halloween merchandise, anything of a similar ilk that just gets binned after usually one use, or anything thats a cheap useless imitation of something useful, like tools made of cheese, theres so much cr&p out there its bewildering. Stop buying it.

Agree _ was in sainsburys around halloween - saw to my horror some "novelty" that was some witch's legs with a spike on. For sticking in the earth. I exclaimed to the young staff member "***, you know the planet's in serious #### when something like that even exists. She agreed with me.

Top Bottom