Things that have crept into modern football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didier Drogba, Roman Abramovich and John Terry are all things that have crept into football recently that need to be stamped out.

Success for Cardiff City in the...silly me, of course they lost...:laugh:

Stupid songs over the tannoy when a goal is scored.

Leeds Utd. having any success at all.

These are a few of the detrimental things that have affected football in recent years.

But Ollie the legend will, atleast, be livening up the boring arses who regularly appear on Match of the Pops.

Happiness Stan

The FA pandering to the jingoistic/xenophobic tendencies of England fans by having the England team presented to 'representatives of the armed forces' in front of 40,000 fans dressed up to create an England flag.

That rag-tag of nummpties who play 'The Great Escape' theme et al. It was funny for about 5 seconds. Ten years ago.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
longers said:
Music being played after goals are scored, it's bobbins. Let the fans make some noise.

I'm assuming they still do it, not been on for a few years :wacko:

They also do that in Rugby (which I MUCH prefer to ****ball).

When it comes to f**tball, I am ok with the idea of it as a game in the sense that people can get fit and it's a sport.

What I HATE about it however is all the SH*TE that goes with it and how the coverage of it seems to be completely disproportionate to ANY other sport out there!

It's the old thing of looking at the sports pages of a news paper and it's all about f**tball except for a small bit in the corner about other sports.

What gives??
When did people become sheep??

darkstar

Mad Doug Biker said:
They also do that in Rugby (which I MUCH prefer to ****ball).
Depends which club though, Saracens? Yes, their "Stand up for the Saracens" song sung by Right said Fred is bloody annoying! It's played after every score, even the oppositions! Come to Northampton Saints though and you'll get none of the nonsense :wacko:

As for traits i don't like in Football. The diving is the main annoyance. The fans behavior is also poor, all the fighting and abuse. Thats why i like watching Rugby, you can chat to the oppositions fans, drink a Guinness in the stands etc You're also likely to bump into some of the players on match day, they will be glad to have a quick chat.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I tell you what has crept into modern football ... is over-hyped, relentless, omnipresent advertising, ramming the damn stuff down our throats day in day out, several times a day, often before breakfast, bugger the world cup, you can't get away from it, even if you are one of life's unfortunates such as myself, who hates football!!!! :ohmy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Blatent cheating to con the ref, feigning injuries, moaning, whinging to the ref,I am getting really fed up with the top level game.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
darkstar said:
Depends which club though, Saracens? Yes, their "Stand up for the Saracens" song sung by Right said Fred is bloody annoying! It's played after every score, even the oppositions! Come to Northampton Saints though and you'll get none of the nonsense ;)

Saracens play at a football stadium. It's probably the evil of football that gets ingrained in the concrete, and then leaches out into any game that is played there. See also Wasps. London Irish don't count - they have managed to retain their Irish identity, despite being embedded in London, and therefore retain their rugby identity too, despite their location. (or not...)
:ohmy:;)

Being allowed to 'shepherd' the ball out of play behind the goal line, when it's just blatant obstruction and would be penalised anywhere else on the pitch.

MarkF

Guru
"Moving" perimeter advertising hoardings. :ohmy:

So many 1 minutes silences, for so many trivial "events" that they no longer mean much. :sad:

Football shirt "technology" bollow speak. ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
trustysteed said:
Being allowed to 'shepherd' the ball out of play behind the goal line, when it's just blatant obstruction and would be penalised anywhere else on the pitch.

When I played football to a not very good standard, you were allowed to shield the ball, as long as the ball was close enough to you to be able to play the ball. These days it is blatant obstruction. Also, not many players know how to take a throw in. There are so may foul throws in a game but the refs and linos allow them?

Top Bottom