Things that have made you smile on your ride ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
On a country rode the other night I was approaching a cyclist coming the other way ... so far so ordinary, except I was following a couple of horses and the other cyclist was being followed by a LandRover Defender. Not sure how we could have made it any more country ... perhaps only by the addition of a Dolly Parton sound track.

Made me smile.

snorri

Legendary Member
I was cycling past a farm a few days ago and noticed the farmer had cut the top and bottom off a big plastic barrel to create a couple of feeders for animals. These were lying side by side and filled with water and in each container a large goose was swimming in the sunshine.
Made me smile.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I live slap bang in the middle of Holland and from here to the coast is about 60 miles. The first time I cycled it and saw the sea I felt like Vasco Núñez de Balboa. It was an overwhelming emotion to see, hear and smell the sea crashing on the beach.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
On one bike ride, a hippy cycled past. He was clad in a straw hat, a white and orange vest and tiny denim shorts. Music was blaring out of a boombox atop a pannier on the back of his bike. Talk of the diversity of cycling.

Riding my Kingpin always makes me smile, it's a silly bloody bike, but every time I ride it it brings back sweet and bitter memories of being a young teenager.
Me too, my best one - I have 3!
Love mine too
bycanal.JPG

Top Bottom