Things that have made you smile on your ride ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
When I'm on my bike I see things I wouldn't notice in the car or couldn't stop to watch or say hello to.
Like working dogs rounding up sheep, rabbits trying to race the bike, my wee horse and pony pals, cute wee lambs and such like, love it :smile:
:bicycle:
Yep.................usually animals and wildlife things that make me smile or even laugh too.

Love listening for my first Cuckoo, hearing the skylarks, curlews and lapwings. Watching for the first Swallow.

One morning two Clydesdales, which you don't normally associate with speed and agility were cavorting round their field flinging their heels up. Wonderful sight.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Back in February I'm riding to work and this fella comes from the opposite direction on his bike followed by some kids. The youngest, maybe 4 or 5 years old gave me the loudest most confident hello I've had, that made me smile all day.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Back in February I'm riding to work and this fella comes from the opposite direction on his bike followed by some kids. The youngest, maybe 4 or 5 years old gave me the loudest most confident hello I've had, that made me smile all day.
I know what you mean. I never expect kids to speak nowadays but when they do give you a cheery hello it does make you feel good. :smile:

Slick

Guru
A while back I took my bike just North of Aberdeen as I was working up there. Whilst out on some strange back roads, I was chased by a bull, I cycled away like the clappers for a bit before I realised that he couldn't get out. Made me smile. :blush:

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
As always the sound carbon makes on a smooth road

Rubber, surely? :thanks:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A group of kids as i was in the last mile or two of a half century running to the roadside shouting "Tour de France" and wanting high fives as I huffed and puffed up the road.

Who am I to disappoint them? :okay:^_^

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
One thing I do remember so perhaps it's extra special because it made me smile, even though it's mundane....was riding fast a few years ago and the temps were above 30c, sweat was pouring off me and I suddenly realised the tarmac was making an odd noise under my tyres....I guess the tarmac was soft with the heat and it made a noise like riding over cornflakes.
Why on earth that made me smile I'll never know, perhaps the realisation I was conquering the heat, heat enough to melt the roads ^_^

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
The cyclist I passed yesterday: balaclava; goggles; helmet; helmet camera; flat bar tourer covered in lights and other bracketed ephemera; and to top it off, a high visibility tabard printed "Please Give Me Some Room". At first I thought he's portraying the eccentric geekery that highlights cyclists as a daft minority to other road users. Laughter overtook, though

Top Bottom