Things that make grown men well up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Invariably my bank statement :sad:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
This
Tyne Cot in this case
1623269434983.png

And many others as well as the stories of the suffering during that war

postman

Legendary Member
Latest is the finish of Person of Interest,the piano music is out of this world.Harold is on the roof of the wrong building,John has set the laptop to do it's job and special forces are shooting him.The whole show series is a masterpiece.To see him die and Harold get away what acting.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
This just gave a lump in the throat. Knowing I am a history nut a resident just let me handle this. Presented by the French government to the only British commando unit to land on Utah Beach with the American Rangers, D Day + 1 I believe.

Attachments

• 20210610_151006.jpg
    20210610_151006.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 6

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Such beautiful machines designed for such terrible things.
Indeed.

Speaking of which, perhaps doesn't make me well up, but the goosebumps from this "howl" is strong... From about 0:37 onwards

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1igQoRqpBA

Rezillo

TwoSheds
A bit of a plug, I guess.

My nephews being touring musicians, their world was turned upside down by covid, so they decided to get together (nephew 1 plus wife, nephew 2, plus friend) and use some time to record an album.

I sat down to listen, thought "hey, this is pretty good" and then welled up completely and lost it. I know someone who is the father of a famous musician and how he keeps himself together on tour, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's here:

https://www.aliteband.com/

Hicky

Guru
Music, mainly three pieces. Nizlopi(I cant remember the title), The Last Post and Abide with me. 😕
Every single time!
Oh and the ending of Homeward bound is a tearjerker. Ms nearly had a complete breakdown, then a few days later she found out she was pregnant and refuses to watch the film to see if hormones or the story line was the culprit.

Mr Celine

Discordian
When the Celinettes were little I used to take them to playgroup where they had lots of fun producing 'artwork' etc.
Much of the artwork I pinned up on the garage walls, and most is still there, but one piece has to be kept hidden away as it makes me greet every time I read it.
It's a sheet of paper with a photocopied poem glued on and lots of their handprints on it.
The poem reads -

There's always so many of my fingerprints to see,
On furniture and walls and things from sticky, grubby me,
But if you stop and think a while,
You'll see I'm growing fast,
Those tiny handprints disappear,
You can't bring back what's past.

So here's a small reminder,
To keep not throw away,
Of tiny hands and how they looked,
To make you smile one day.

Except it doesn't make me smile. I couldn't even type that without :cry:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Music, mainly three pieces. Nizlopi(I cant remember the title), The Last Post and Abide with me. 😕
Every single time!
Oh and the ending of Homeward bound is a tearjerker. Ms nearly had a complete breakdown, then a few days later she found out she was pregnant and refuses to watch the film to see if hormones or the story line was the culprit.

The JCB Song?

Edited to put video behind spoiler tag:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom