Things to do if you have to Self Isolate..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
1) Donate blood.
2) Grocery deliveries for elderly neighbours who don't want to go out.
3) Unofficial meet-and-greet at Birmingham New Street Station.
4) Community improvements - cleaning up litter, wiping down bus stops, etc.
5) Opening up and Cashing up assistance to local shops.
6) Gorilla Car-washing (just walk down the street with a bucket of soap water and clean the dirtiest cars you see).
7) Write a blog / guide on local toddler and elderly drop-in events. Will mean visiting each one to generate an independent view.
8) Competitive urban transport - see how many different buses you can get on in an hour.
9) Destination of doom - see how far you can get on trains and still get back in the evening, with the added threat of sleeping on station platforms if you over-commit yourself.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Plenty to do in the garage and garden.
Plenty of books to read.
Might even be able to persuade Mrs B that a long night ride, rather than going out during the day, is in the public interest. :whistle:
Edit. And there is H2G2 on the iPlayer

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
1) Donate blood.
2) Grocery deliveries for elderly neighbours who don't want to go out.
3) Unofficial meet-and-greet at Birmingham New Street Station.
4) Community improvements - cleaning up litter, wiping down bus stops, etc.
5) Opening up and Cashing up assistance to local shops.
6) Gorilla Car-washing (just walk down the street with a bucket of soap water and clean the dirties cars you see).
7) Write a blog / guide on local toddler and elderly drop-in events. Will mean visiting each one to generate an independent view.
8) Competitive urban transport - see how many different buses you can get on in an hour.
9) Destination of doom - see how far you can get on trains and still get back in the evening, with the added threat of sleeping on station platforms if you over-commit yourself.

You forgot to attend a few orgies and dogging meets.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
There are plenty of places you can go outdoors on your own and not interact with others. Solo bike rides, walks, runs if you are asymptomatic. If you are showing signs then keeping everything low intensity is best.

Time to work through the soups and tins of spam you've had in the cupboard since 1943.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd be expected to work from home, but I don't have a laptop, and the work laptops are either in use or broken. So I guess I may do a bit of decorating and DIY. My garage really needs tidying (that's 2 days work easily). I also have Prime, Netflix and plenty of cheese.

Top Bottom