Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
River crossing in cross races, even with snow around.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before but there used to be a lot of ventriloquists about in the 60's and early 70's. I thought the best was Ray Alan with Lord Charles and Titch and Quackers, they always made me laugh.
Lord Charles was the best ventriloquist's puppet ever!!:okay:
49b1f56cab9edb2cf7d7b0b84fa7477a.jpg

He's still around, isn't he?:scratch:

jacob-rees-mogg-wearing-a-top-hat-waits-to-enter-st-pauls-cathedral-D6F72Y.jpg

Last edited:

machew

Veteran
I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before but there used to be a lot of ventriloquists about in the 60's and early 70's. I thought the best was Ray Alan with Lord Charles and Titch and Quackers, they always made me laugh.
I miss the ventriloquists on the radio, I think that the TV spoilt the fun.

D

Deleted member 1258

What we don't hear so much of today is the sound of a cat yelping as it got its tail or paw stood on as it got in the way of my mother in the kitchen.

When I was a small boy my mum hand washed everything and had a boiler for the whites, she also had a mangle to put the washing through before they went on the line. I still remember the day that our cat was messing about watching Mum putting the clothes through the mangle and got its tail caught in it. I've never heard a cat yell like that, or move so fast once it was freed. Fortunately there was no serious damage done.

When I was a small boy my mum hand washed everything and had a boiler for the whites, she also had a mangle to put the washing through before they went on the line. I still remember the day that our cat was messing about watching Mum putting the clothes through the mangle and got its tail caught in it. I've never heard a cat yell like that, or move so fast once it was freed. Fortunately there was no serious damage done.
The Berco boiler!

"Now if you go out don't forget to turn off the boiler?"

" Yes Mum".

I came back home, the kitchen was filled with fog and the floor was flooded!

Top Bottom