Things You Are Glad You Did.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Am glad I took up cycling again 5 years ago.
Am very glad that I confounded expectations and followed my heart and not my head to be with Chuffy.

I'm shocked that I can't think of anything else ;)

Baggy said:
Am very glad that I confounded expectations and followed my heart and not my head to be with Chuffy.

I'm shocked that I can't think of anything else ;)

Chuffy not enough for you then? :ohmy:

:biggrin:

yenrod

Although it aint life orientated i chose a bike over a stereo (@17) and have been exercising since...i wonder what would of happened had NOT done the bike.

postman

Legendary Member
During my divorce.Walked into a local church.Why i have no idea.Stood and talked to two lumps of wood in the shape of a cross.Balled my eyes out.18 years later life is brilliant.

curve

I am so glad I gave up sailing about on the sea. What a waste of time all those knots and pulling up the sails.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Getting back in touch with my dad when I was 18, after last seeing him when I was 12 or so.
Getting involved with this forum after months of making the odd post on C+.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie said:
Dunno if there's a code - probably. No reason for me to watch out when we post particularly. I know all the details of the juicy bits he refers to, and he does me too. So the code is we won't reveal each others secrets online I guess...!

Well, I guess I won't be able to talk about your **** fetish, your inexplicable habit of ******* in the ******, or the time when you ****** ***** in ******** then. Damn.

catwoman

Finding my Mother after she had been missing for 15 years. She was hard work but finding her again changed my life and answered many questions for me. It exposed a lot of uncomfortable truths and changed my perspectives on family issues that still haunt me today.
You do move on but you never forget.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The thing that sticks out for me is going to college. For some unknown reason I had the sudden career clarity/impulse that I absolutely must go to college having left school and not had a successful time upto then. Every single person went on about how rubbish the college's reputation was and what a waste of time it would be going there and perhaps not a sixth form etc but it really did change my life. I had an absolutely fantastic time (the happiest of my life), made really good friends some of whom I still see occasionally despite them having scattered around England and certainly progressed afterwards, I also got a few science A-levels hehe. My other friends feel it changed their lives two - two of them are well on the way to being fullblown vets. I just think its great when you meet people with the same attitude.

longers

Legendary Member
Getting rid of the car. Can manage quite well without one it seems.
Getting rid of the telly. As above.
Getting the dog. A good mate :wacko:.

When I saw my gf for the first time, despite time slowing to a standstill and the room fading away, leaving just her in front of me - I managed to string some words together long enough to regain some kind of control over my mind and frantically fluttering heart.

Luckily she was feeling the same thing, as I'm sure I made a mess of everything I said. Though I can't remember anything but her eyes from that evening. Nothing. I don't know what she was wearing, what we said. Nada. Just those beautiful blue-green eyes.

Top Bottom