Things You Are Glad You Did.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jashburnham

papercorn2000 said:
What's that you are alluding to? It sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on it...

From "The Matrix"

Morpheus: You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

papercorn2000 said:
What's that you are alluding to? It sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on it...

The Matrix.

Glad I went back to education when I did, Eventually it provided a few possibilities and took me away from a dead end.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Everybody can look back on their life and see many times when they reached a crossroads and took a turning, which changed the rest of their lives.

Apart from taking the decision to telephone my (now) wife, I guess buying my first mountain bike 20 years ago was the most life-changing thing I have done. It has influenced my entire life since then and will do so until I die, probably much later than if I hadn't bought it.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Rigid Raider said:
I guess buying my first mountain bike 20 years ago was the most life-changing thing I have done. It has influenced my entire life since then and will do so until I die, probably much later than if I hadn't bought it.

+1, RR.
I got into cycling after my marrage split and I was 22.
It was a choice brought about while trying to survive on very little money.
I bought a secondhand garden gate of a racer for 60 notes and after a fortnight of doing all my day to day journies I was hooked. I relish the freedom of choice, simplicity, self sufficiency and fun that cycling still brings to my everyday life.

*Funnily enough, all the things my marrage had lacked!*

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
My story is also partly Kirstie's - I'm one of the other people involved in that same ongoing project and I feel much the same way.

I think I am most glad about getting married. I am not always very good at being married but... I don't regret it at all.

Even though I was wrenched apart at the time, the other thing I am most glad I did, was to split up with my previous partner. Nothing to do with her, she is still a lovely person, but it wasn't right.

snorri

Legendary Member
The suggestion that I should accept voluntary redundancy was quite frightening after a long time in one job but it has given me the opportunity to achieve things I had not even dreamed of.:biggrin::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

trustysteed said:
is that a non-shagging party? :biggrin:

Yes

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I didn't marry wossname. Aged 19. It wouldn't have worked. And we wouldn't be good mates now, 26 yrs later! :biggrin:
Oh, glad you did, wrong fred... er.. I phoned the now Mrs F the day I crashed my brother's car, went to that party and sowed the seeds of lurve.... :smile:

Flying_Monkey said:
I think I am most glad about getting married. I am not always very good at being married but... .

When I joined Married Anonymous, the first thing you had to do was admit to the others that you were not very good at it...................:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Flying Monkey and Kirstie - you'll have to watch out when you post on here, especially working together - or is there a code ?

For me, it had to be taking up proper cycling at 16 - ended up being fairly OK at it - was rubbish at football at school..... and of course getting married - have two great kids, and a great wife, and we both have 'busy' but different hobbies....

fossyant said:
Flying Monkey and Kirstie - you'll have to watch out when you post on here, especially working together - or is there a code ?

Dunno if there's a code - probably. No reason for me to watch out when we post particularly. I know all the details of the juicy bits he refers to, and he does me too. So the code is we won't reveal each others secrets online I guess...!

Top Bottom