Things you get an utterly disproportionate amount of pleasure from..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
Greedo, how do you come up with these great questions?!

I used to get great pleasure after eating a Matlow's Drumstick by unravelling the stick into a small sheet of paper.

You can still get Matlow's Drumsticks these days, but the sticks are made of plastic.
drumstick_original.jpg

'kinell, Maz, that takes the first prize!:sad::biggrin:

beanzontoast said:
Breaking the seal on a new coffee jar. Ever since I was little (when it reminded me of the covers you get on fire alarm buttons) I find myself making the noise of an alarm bell going off when I do it. :sad:

With you on that but not the alarm bell.
I used to just stick a spoon in but now I run it round the edge to make a neat hole without any foil left to flick coffee at you.

I didnt think blokes had lists. I just do the thing that is on my mind, that is probably the most important thing and then when it is done forget it and move on to the next thing.

I really miss foil on Kit Kats, it was almost better than eating the kit kat taking the foil off or cutting it up along the bars with your nail.

I love it when I am driving and some tosser overtakes me but at the next roundabout he chooses the slower lane and I get ahead of him again.

I also like it when a shop has a good offer on an item that you were going to buy anyway!

yenrod

Beating a half asleep cardriver away from the lights then buzzing the beeps of irritation at way in the distance cardriver...:sad:

I don't drink freeze dried coffee, but I really like popping the seal on the top of the jar.

I also particularly enjoy unwrapping a tunnocks teacake, flatting out the foil wrapper, carefully folding it over and over until it makes a long, thin oblong of foil, and then wind it around my finger so it makes a spiral.

I keep finding little foil spirals around the house. I think they're breeding or something.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Since I fitted my commuter/mtb with powerful "f*kc off" lights, I'm getting a huge amount of pleasure from night-riding. Having recently re-discovered my cycling mojo (recent thread) I commuted for first time this yr yesterday, and of course the ride home was in the dark, mostly through country lanes (it's a 17 mile trip) and I was grinning like a loon by the time I got home! :biggrin:
Before Chrimbo tried a couple of night rides also.... blooming marvellous :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I liked the idea of writing lists so much that I decided to make a list of the lists that I was going to write. The only trouble was - the first entry on the first sub-list was going to be "Write my list of lists" so I never got round to writing any of them... :biggrin:

PS I suppose the answer to the OP is that I enjoy trying to make jokes out of perfectly sensible questions!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
I don't drink freeze dried coffee, but I really like popping the seal on the top of the jar.

I also particularly enjoy unwrapping a tunnocks teacake, flatting out the foil wrapper, carefully folding it over and over until it makes a long, thin oblong of foil, and then wind it around my finger so it makes a spiral.

I keep finding little foil spirals around the house. I think they're breeding or something.

I have a pipecleaner knocking about on my table at home (left over from a craft project), and everyso often (when I'm putting off doing any work) I wind it round my pencil to make a spiral which I slide off the pencil. Then I get it back to as straight as I can, and do it again...

Smoothing out foil (or rubbing it over a design like on Kitkats) is very satisfying.

ChrisKH

Guru
Maz said:
Greedo, how do you come up with these great questions?!

I used to get great pleasure after eating a Matlow's Drumstick by unravelling the stick into a small sheet of paper.

You can still get Matlow's Drumsticks these days, but the sticks are made of plastic.
drumstick_original.jpg

Drumsticks, alone, are responsible for every filling I have in my head. Used to overload on them when I was 14. They should be banned I tell you! :biggrin:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Getting some white bread from the bakery, cutting off a thick slice, spreading butter on it and eating it just like that.

Filtering, obviously.

Getting to work at 8 am when it's snowed and being the only one in the office (although it's pretty stupid to take pleasure in this, far better to phone in at 10:00 and say it was too slippy to ride and "work from home")

Beating the lights.

PBs

Yehuda Moon

Top Bottom