Things you get an utterly disproportionate amount of pleasure from..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
djtheglove said:
I love those too.! I see tescos had some extra large ones in stock.

NO!!!!!!!!

I must resist.......I must resist.......

tyred

Legendary Member
I must admit I take a lot of pleasure from restoring taking the things others throw away and restoring them back to full health again.

papercorn2000

Uncle Mort said:
I've just finished repairing pair of Acoustic Research speakers. They cost 5 euros at a boot sale because the foam around the woofers had disintegrated with age. An hour's work, a couple of replacement rubber rings (which cost more than the speakers did) and a bit of PVA glue and I've got a really nice pair of speakers. Very satisfying.

Now I just have to find somewhere to put them, as I'm rubbish at selling things and I already have more than enough speakers anyway :smile:

How much do you want for them? I need new speakers!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Are you being sarcastic?

If not, I just ask a lot of questions and talk too much in general. Have always been like that. You should see me when I meet someone for the first time and find out they do something interesting. They walk away with their head spinning and I've got a bit more knowledge :smile:

I'll have another think and pose another one soon!

Maz said:
Greedo, how do you come up with these great questions?!

I used to get great pleasure after eating a Matlow's Drumstick by unravelling the stick into a small sheet of paper.

You can still get Matlow's Drumsticks these days, but the sticks are made of plastic.
drumstick_original.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I make some of my own clothes. The cost of the fabric means that I do not save money, but I do have one-off garments, that no-one else is likely to have. My sewing machine is very old, but easy to use.

This is particularly relevant for more "dressy occasions". The patterns can be expensive but they can be used for several garments.

I have also mended garments, and made cushions etc, even "turned a collar" - younger forumites will not understand that terminology. Please note, however, that I do not darn socks.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Closing the shed door is giving me a lot of pleasure these days.

For months it's been dragging on the ground, and recently one of the hinges snapped off altogether. I was putting off mending it, but now I've done it, and now the door swings and latches in an intensely satisfying way. Most days I like to open and close it three or four times.

col

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Making tea.
Smelling bread.

Bread is a good one,but i would add strawberry cheesecake too,those really thick and creamy ones mmmmm sluuurp.
Oh and a freezing cold morning when the sun is out and its dry.

U

User482

Digging home made compost into the veg patch. Makes one feel terribly virtuous.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
Please note, however, that I do not darn socks.

Whereas, I do. Although never soon enough, so it turns into a bit of a mammoth botch job. On the other hand, there is great satisfaction in darning a sock you knitted yourself.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That's what I mean Uncle.

Incidentally, re earlier comments about posting large heavy things, I came across this lot, who do a DHL 48 service that seems to take most things for about £7+VAT. I've only used them a few times, but they've been fine.

Top Bottom