Things you have done for the first time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Well for the first time in 2021 we have put the washing on the line ^_^
Done that a couple of times already this week.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ate butter squash for the first time yesterday. It was acceptably nice.
They are very good in vegetable curries. I usually nuke one in my fancy microwave and add its contents to my big vat of curry towards the end of cooking. That thickens the curry nicely.

I got into the habit as a student of doing a huge curry and freezing any spare portions for times when I couldn't be bothered to cook from scratch. I get 6 generous helpings per cooking session.

figbat

Slippery scientist
48F75807-A9DA-4E1E-B274-AD2E79F9DFB0.jpeg

Alex321

Veteran
They are very good in vegetable curries. I usually nuke one in my fancy microwave and add its contents to my big vat of curry towards the end of cooking. That thickens the curry nicely.

I got into the habit as a student of doing a huge curry and freezing any spare portions for times when I couldn't be bothered to cook from scratch. I get 6 generous helpings per cooking session.
Butternut squash and bacon makes a very flavoursome soup.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Butternut squash and bacon makes a very flavoursome soup.
I am sure that it does for you carnivores, but it is 39 years since I last ate bacon or any other meat***, so I'll give it a miss! :okay:

***Apart from the infamous Pepperoni Pizza incident in 1988... (I had worked a crazy 36 hours without leaving the office and was so tired & hungry that I picked up the first pizza in the pile and ate it without remembering that I had been vegetarian for 5 years! :laugh:)

Top Bottom