Things you have done for the first time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
I cycled in the Alps. Loved it.

Laid a patio for the first time. Would have been nice if the idiots who laid it first hadn't f***ed it up so horrifically that I had to do it myself.
Next years task is to rebuild a retaining wall.
Yes - the same idiots who can't lay a patio can't build a retaining wall either.

Snap! And I am now doing the 2nd, a more formal effort elsewhere. I aim not to be the idiot talked about in later years because someone has to redo it. Mr McCormack is my mentor.

This is patio no. 1

P1030204_zpse85d075a.jpg

The wall will look better when it is finished, it's stone re-cycled from the window openings so quite a jigsaw puzzle.

sazzaa

This year....

Dined in the dark.
Bought a cyclocross.
Cycled to work.
Went to a gig on top of a mountain.
Visited 5 new countries.
Went to my first Grand Prix.
Made chicken soup (as that one was just last night it's fresh in my memory).

Ern1e

Über Member
It's not much of a thing but today went for a ride on our local " RIDES ROUND ROSSENDALE" not sure if I would do this again until they finish the paths of lol,one we rode on suddenly (where the money ran out) turned into a MTB track deep mud etc my team mate not overly impressed by this ! because being such a nice day was riding in her sandels (yes no socks) she had lovely muddy feet lol.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Went on a tour of a car factory last week (Toyota, near Derby). One of my most interesting trips anywhere. Even Mrs Donger thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I went on the Thames Cable Car on Friday. I was taking pictures, so went over the first time (Grenwich too..... Ummm..... The Excel), then I went back the other way to the south side, and then finally went back to the North side again. 3 times I went on it.

The woman working at the south station thought it was sweet!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom