Things you have had for ages.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I've got a coffee cup which is the last remaining one of a set of four by a local potter which were a wedding present for my Mum and Dad 35 years ago.

I use it at the weekends and it's the best coffee cup in the world. Ever.

postman

Legendary Member
My dad was a painter and decorator. And the poor soul died in his sleep. But he was only part way through a job.A staircase and entrance hall. Well as fate would have it R M were on strike so i went to finish the job. I gave the walls five coats of emulsion and four on the woodwork. It looked a belting job when i finished it. 1986 that was and i still use his tools now.

We have a bedside clock/radio that was Mrs OTH's I think it must be about 30 years old. Sony cube shape thing with digital led display. Hope it will last as long as VHF before we go digital.

My Mum has a collection of all the things I made in Clay and Woodwork at school from about 40 years ago, all still on display in her house.

Maz

Guru
Mum's got a radio that looks a lot like this, made of melamine with hessian gauze:
ekco.gif

Kinda funky...you'd think it'd only play old tunes! :wacko:

asterix

Comrade Member
Me 'ammer. 3 'andles and 2 new 'eads, mind.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I like Maz's mum's radio. I remember my dad had a few old radios that he used to take to work (they'd get pretty abused, there was a seemingly endless supply of them tho'). I was fascinated by the names of cities on the dials, Rejkjavik, Warsaw etc. I always wondered where Allouis was and I've only just found out.

It is here..

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've got a 1933 HMV portable gramophone - it wasn't mine, I acquired it about 25 years ago.

Still got my Mamod steam roller from about 1966 and it still goes.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a toaster a bit like this one but from the fifties. I still use it for my toast as it is better then the newer one I have.

My parents had it from before I was born and I remember being fascinated watching the toast flop over to do the other side when the door was opened.

palinurus said:
I like Maz's mum's radio. I remember my dad had a few old radios that he used to take to work (they'd get pretty abused, there was a seemingly endless supply of them tho'). I was fascinated by the names of cities on the dials, Rejkjavik, Warsaw etc. I always wondered where Allouis was and I've only just found out.

It is here..

Me too. Kalundberg, Sottens, Beomunster... In my case, it was an old Radiogramme (radio with a record player built to look like a piece of lounge furniture). When I was at junior school I used to tune along the dial and was disappointed that I never heard many stations. I was in my teens when I discovered that with a proper aerial, all the shortwave stations and lots of exotic names came to life.

Top Bottom