Things you just found out about your vehicle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxoman

Über Member
Tried reversing my sons seat leon with the door open, not happening as it doesn't release the Electric handbrake
 

geocycle

Squire
There is a lot about mine that will remain a mystery, mind you I am still discovering pockets in my 20 year old Rohan trousers.

I have recently discovered that I can’t turn the very loud warning sound off from the automatic tailgate…. But I have discovered where the speaker is.
 

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
I discovered a button above the rear view mirror which if I press it, it calls my local main dealer. Can’t think of a situation where I would ever use it.
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
3 weeks ago I found that my Astra has some sort of speed limiter. I only found out when a 'new' symbol appeared on the dash..... I had unwittingly pressed a button somewhere. I couldnt find the button to switch it off as google told me it was on one of the stalks.
I mentioned it to a passenger on Wednesday and he pointed it out in the centre of the steering wheel.
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Found out the windows can wind down or up with a long press of the key fob. Standard on many cars but didn't even realise until about a year after buying it.

That got me interested (not losing sleep interested) so I googled it. As you said its apparently a feature on many modern(ish) cars. It says my 65 plate has it.
I cant think of any reason for it though.
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
That got me interested (not losing sleep interested) so I googled it. As you said its apparently a feature on many modern(ish) cars. It says my 65 plate has it.
I cant think of any reason for it though.

On a hot day it is great for lowering all windows as you approach the car to let the worst of the heat out before you get in - very effective it is, too.
 
Top Bottom