Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
invacarside.jpg

My auntie had one of those up until maybe 1991/2. There was a small sign on the dashboard to tell you that carrying passengers was strictly forbidden but she'd drive along with her wheelchair on one side of her, her seat bang in the middle, my gran sat on a wee wooden crate on the other side and me as a small child folded up on the parcel shelf behind the drivers seat. I think she drives a Corsa now and it's not the same :sad:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Happy Kids .. the kids I see while out shopping look as miserable as sin, maybe its because they've been dragged away from their Xbox or playstations, or maybe they've ran out of credit on their mobile phones!!

Shopping was a happy adventure when I was young.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Were they for the Chelsea team?

Well their old nickname was the Pensioners.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2063552, member: 259"]Quite so.But the double banana split was my dessert of choice.[/quote]

I'd forgotton those! You a clearly a fellow of superior knowledge and taste, and I shall swipe anyone who says other wise with a piece of wet lettuce.

Edit: and whilst I'm on the subject may I remind you all that there is also the culinary delight that was the Wimpy Bender Brunch.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Texan bars. Yummy things they were. I miss them.
Proper sized Wagon Wheels, they are way smaller than they were.
The Corona Man, in his yellow van coming around every friday morning with pop and cordial.
Haven't seen a village bobby in heaven only knows how long. We see one dash through the village in his police car about once a week, probably going to visit an aunt or something though.

Top Bottom